Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New ski boots…any thoughts?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Off to buy some new boots on Saturday! Woo and indeed yay!

Given my foot size/shape, I’m currently between the following;
    Salomon Impact 10CS
    Salomon Quest 10
    Tecnica Dragon 100

Anyone used any of the above? If so, what thoughts? Failing that, any boot fitter recommendations? (London based, am currently planning on using Snow and Rock in Kensington, as they’re local and there’s a bike shop there too!)

sam_underhill

Got some new impact 10s boots here. I can only comment on the shell as I’ve got zipfit liners. Loved the increased stiffness of a 120 flex index shell. Faster edge to edge control than my old x-scream boots, not sure if that was down to the boot of the superior fit of the zipfit liners.

sam_underhill

Oh, solutions4feet in Bicester for fitting. Colin knows his stuff.

lunge

Second Colin at Solutions4Feet, I would not buy ski boots from anyone else.

nbt

Go see a good bootfitter. A bootfitter will fit boots to your feet, not your wish list. Colin, as above, is very highly regarded. If you want to stay in That London’s Famous London, Profeet have had good reports, then again they’ve had a few detractors.

Have a read of this

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=20110

and maybe this if you have time

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=73130&highlight=

I got mine (entry level race boots from head, 1.5 mondo smaller than the pair I’d been wearing previously) from Frank @ Nevada sport in Tignes, worth visiting if you;re out that way

gonefishin
    Free Member

Custom fitted. The most comfy boots I’ve ever worn. They are even more comfortable than my snowboard boots.

Surefoot

Sadly I’m not going to get to use them this year.

scotsman
    Free Member

I’ve been using Blackdiamond factors for a couple of years and love em, true alpine boot with walk function if your into a bit of treking/skinning also has a boa liner for a nice snug fit.

higgo
    Free Member

Oh, solutions4feet in Bicester for fitting. Colin knows his stuff.

Indeedy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New ski boots…any thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.