Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New shoes time: Specialized Tahoes or Primos?
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can’t put it off any longer. My Sonomas are propperly knackered. What a state. 😐

So, I’ve narrowed it down to either Spesh Tahoes or Primos. Only tried on the Tahoes, and they are proper comfy. I’m wondering if the Primos are the same? Anyone tried both?

Prefer the ‘ordinary’ look of the Primos, but are the Tahoes significantly better to ride in? Not looking for sporty stiff race shoes, just something comfy and what don’t look too spoddy.

For leisurely all day pootles and bimbles more than anything. Just want something that I can wear with jeans and stuff.

binners

Aye oop Fred! I’ve been using the tahoes for about a year. For local pottering and proper mucky stuff. They’re spot on. They get comfier with use. Highly recommended!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

TBH they’d be more for urban pootling and going to the pub and that really; I’ll use me old LiDL shoes for proper mucky stuff. Just want something simple and what don’t look like a ‘cycling shoe’. The Tahoes have that strap which puts me off a bit.

The Primos fit the bill really, thinking about it. Same interior as the Tahoes, just a different sole and upper.

And they’re only thirty-five pounds in Evans atm…

(Balotelli’s a flash git, in’t he?)

geoffj

I’ve got an old pair of tahoes that have been great. My only gripe was the Velcro strap and laces – didn’t really work. Now they’ve done away with the strap they look better. £35 is a bargain.

I suppose the only consideration is fit. Whilst I’m. Cart horse with plates for feet, you are more of a svelte whippet – they may be too wide for you? Try em on innit.

ton

tahoes here too…………but i will sell mine if you buy some…… 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No I’ve got proper natural width feet Geoff; not narrow plates whatuv bin deformed from being squashed into too-smal shoes like a lot of people. Spesh are the best in terms of fit for me, from what I’ve tried.

I think I’m going for the Primos. I’m imagining they’ll fit same as the Tahoes; can’t find owt to suggest there’s any great difference in that respect.

Most cycling shoes are nasty though, aesthetically. Proper minging. 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New shoes time: Specialized Tahoes or Primos?’ is closed to new replies.