Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Shoes?
  • clowner
    Free Member

My Specialized BG Pro have finally given way after 3 years.

The carbon sole has been worn through by the cage on my crank brothers acid pedals (don't ride cliped in on the downs).

So i'm looking for a replacement.

Looking at specialsied again but also considering Sidi. Does anyone know how they compare and if the Sidis are worth extra over the specs?

Also any suggestions on what could be done to protect the sole from the cage while not clipped in? Previous shoe went out the same way

akira

You need to try a few pairs on before you buy anything, if Spesh shoes fit you I'd be tempted to stick to them though.
    Sidi's can come in a bit narrow, think you can get different widths in some though.

higthepig
    Free Member

Recently changed from BG Pro's to Sidi Dominator's. BG's fell apart after 2 years of 5-days a week use, so worth it. I've had the Sidi's for about a month now, agree about the sizing, they can be a little snug! Heel retention is better the the BG, so is the closure system of velcro/ratchet. Only down-side so far, they are quite awkward top walk in on the flat compared to the BG due to the different shaped sole, other than that I'm fairly happy that I have made a good choice, although should I reserve judgement for a few months…………

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clowner
    Free Member

Hitthepig what size were your specialized/Sidi's?

Don't know of anywhere local that stocks sidi so would need to be a net buy

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Sidi are beautiful shoes, but you pay for it…
    always been happy with specialized shoes, but recently got some bontrager ones as my lbs had them, they have really nice insoles (which i needed).

i'd practice clipping in on the downs though, any shoes is going to be ruined by cages, imo.

higthepig
    Free Member

clowner
    The BGs were 44 and the Sidi's are 45, I have fairly narrow feet but would not recommend buying without trying a pair on, then you can buy them off the net!

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Not being funny,but Why do you unclip on the downhill bits?

Simon

I was wondering the same but didn't like to ask.

fontmoss
    Free Member

i used to unclip on dh bits, confidence mostly, was a revelation being clipped in and descending, couldnt go back

Mackem

Ive just ditched my 5 year old Specialized BG pros for some Specialized Tahoes. They really are comfy. Cant comment on longevity yet. Different sort of shoe really, but excellent for hike-a-bike moments.

clowner
    Free Member

Just don't like the sensation of being 'attached' to the bike while descending technical singletrack sections. Clipped in for most other sections.

Prefer being balanced over the middle of my foot than at the ball (my size 12's might be the reason for that)

Probably going to stick to the specs as I can't find sidi local to try on

unovolo
    Free Member

Just got some Sidi road shoes and cannot fault them,I had to go up a size compared to my normal shoes(43 from a 42) but they do fit me perfectly.
    Don't know if MTB shoes are on the same last though.
    Thumbs up from me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Shoes?’ is closed to new replies.