Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New Shock time. CCDB Inline vs CCDB CS
  • lowey

Its going on a Bronson. And I’ll be getting it from TF. So apart from the price are there any significant performance differences that would make the CS a better choice ?

Only UK riding.

Cheers all.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

What shock do you currently have? What don’t you like?

benprince85
    Free Member

don’t often post on here but thought should on this!

I’ve recently upgraded to an Inline on my Bronson – the difference is night and day using a setup from the Cane Creek online community.

It’s way more supple and generally speaking it’s as if you forget it’s really there.

I went for the inline to save a bit of cash plus the majority of my riding is in the South East more trail based. We are off out to Switchbacks in Bubion next week and I have no worries that it won’t perform as well out there!

Do it! 🙂

Fat-boy-fat

There’s a special version of ccdbair for the Bronson that has an extra negative spring thing. I’ve got one on my bike and it is pretty amazing. I would imagine that it would be significantly better than a stock inline as it has been modified for the Bronson.

lowey

There’s a special version of ccdbair for the Bronson

Really ? Where did you get it from ?

sofaboy73
    Free Member

i think i remember reading something that said the inline was only good for riders up to a certain weight and it wasn’t a great deal (from my middle-aged paunchy point of view)

isn’t the cs designed for bigger / burlier bikes so i guess it depends what you plan to do with your bronson

gardron
    Free Member

The CS still needs volume spacers for bigger riders on the bronson (In my fat bastard experience anyway) – but yes, there is one with an extra mechanical negative spring which is a bronson-specific version. You can get it from jungle (uk disty for santa cruz), any santa cruz dealer, or just go to tftuned (where I got mine from)

Fat-boy-fat

As gardron said. I’d just buy it direct from TFTUNED. It’s listed on their website.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Neither, because none of them have proper rebound shims and there have been endless reports of the inline one crapping out.

Go with a tuned Float X, better yet keep your current air shock and get a coil for the days you need a shock more suited to DH.

I’m going to be keeping the Monarch RT for my Reign and will be buying a Push ElevenSix for uplift days, scotland and the Alps. If I like the shock enough the monarch might go (or I might add a remote to the monarch to give it a use) and I’ll keep the coil on for everything as it has a climb switch.

poah
    Free Member

rebound is fine on the the CCDB shocks and the issues I’ve seen with the inline have been a couple of inner seals gone that have been replaced under warranty. So long as you spend the time tuning the shock, its better than the float unless of course you are a fox fan boy. the push shock is very expensive and why bother for uplift days, just go for a normal coil shock.

julzm
    Free Member

Santa Cruz UK (aka jungle) has the bronson tune CCDB CS on their website under accessories for £485. I have the normal tune CCDB CS on my bronson, OH has he bronson tune one. Personally I can’t tell the difference but he reckons he can, his is apparently a bit less linear than mine.

I had the fox float kash shock (customer tuned) before this and the CCDB is a fantastic upgrade over this. Paired with pikes or fox 36s, the bike handles everything that you can throw at it. I think the inline is more aimed at less travel bikes.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I would consider giving avalanche a call

chiefgrooveguru

Neither, because none of them have proper rebound shims and there have been endless reports of the inline one crapping out.

I understand what you’re saying but have you actually ridden one?

I’d be cautious about the Inline but hopefully it’s an early production run issue. I can’t fault the CCDBA-CS on my bike at all, it’s just so effortless and intuitive – never squishy or soggy but feels tight and controlled whether smoothing out the rough for more speed and grip, taking big hits or getting airborne.

lowey

Hmmm… food for thought… cheers guys. I’ll enquire about the bronson CCDB CS with TF.

lowey

Plumped for the Bronson specific one from TF. Will see how it feels next week.

jemima
    Free Member

I see you’ve made your decision before I managed to contribute! But I shall contribute anyway (Bronson CCDBCS rider).

I think in general terms if the CCDBCS fits in your frame it is a better shock than the inline. Compromises had to be made to make it smaller. I find it interesting that the piggyback on my shock is usually dry after a downhill in the mud so shows there is a lot of work being done there and heat generated. The more space and area to deal with this the better I reckon.

I use my Climb Switch a lot. I like it. Lets me set up with low slow-speed compression for traction and small bump compliance but then can crank up the hills without bob.

The only downside to the CCDBCS in the Bronson frame (mine is XL) is that it is really hard to fit a bottle and cage. I’ve had to go for a side-loader cage with the shortest bottle I could find. Depending on personal preference this may be a non-issue or incredibly annoying…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New Shock time. CCDB Inline vs CCDB CS’ is closed to new replies.