Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New shock for my Foes
  • damitamit
    Free Member

Decided to rebuild my Foes FXC. It has a Fox Float RC shock which is pretty old and not working too great.

Would it be better to get it serviced and then Pushed?

Or to buy something like a RP2.

If I do get it serviced, should I go for a TFTuned Push upgrade or a Mojo custom tuning? Whats the difference?

Crell
    Free Member

Talk to Jamie at balfa. They were doing some good deals on curnutt servicing.

damitamit
    Free Member

Already have. They only service Curnutts. I have a Fox Float…

z1ppy

Servicing & push treatment would be my suggestion, if it knackered they'll simply tell you before they start.
    I'm assuming you talking about buying a 2nd hand RP2 (unless someone has old stock off one being sold cheap in your size), if that's the case you may well still end up needing to service it.
    No idea what mojo's custom tuning is about, but I've just recieved a pushed RP23, after being lent a std one for a couple of weeks, and though tonight was only my first ride on it, it performed brilliantly – loads better than the STD one. Have an STD Rp23 on another bike and my had one on my previous bike – I regret now not having them pushed. Couldn't describe the difference in any real technical terms, other than to say the back end of my bike just worked so much better & was noticeably more controlled.
    Full & better testing to be done at Afan over the weekend!

damitamit
    Free Member

Thanks for the info zippy. Will give TFTuned a ring and see what they can do…

z1ppy

No worries, cannot 'big up' (no idea what the later cool/rad/sic term is) TFTuned enough. Must have tied up one of the techicians for about a hour with my inane questions about which shock to buy, then they sorted me put the mounting kit early (as I have the same size shock on another bike I was potentially going to fit before my new one was sent [they were waiting for push parts to arrive]), then when i'd heard nothing for a week, I thought I'd ring them, but they beat me to it & let me know the status. Now I have it and am well impressed with the performance, can't wait to get to afan tomorrow!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New shock for my Foes’ is closed to new replies.