Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New shape kia carens
  • itsmygame
    Free Member

Owners please talk to me ? Good / bad ?

Cheers in advance

prawny

I don’t own one bit they’re nice int they. Read a long term test on one of the motoring mag sites, generally positive. After living with a hyundai for the last 2 years I’d have no issue with another Korean

footflaps

Kia have made dramatic strides in the last few years. Not driven a Carens yet, but driven qute a few of their new range and they’re excellent cars. OH looks after 16 dealers…

itsmygame
    Free Member

Cheers guys this is going well so far

footflaps

In fact I’ve just been informed we are getting a new Carens next week (as the wife wrote off the Sportage, just before Xmas)……

dknwhy

Got an old shape 5 year old one. Been a dull but brilliant car.
    Have driven it all over Europe and the only issue I had was a split coolant hose which was fixed under the 5 year warranty. In terms of vfm I have more kit on it than cars costing £10k more. But, you have to get past the stigma of the badge. Definitely a head over heart choice. Sure the new one is even better…

footflaps

But, you have to get past the stigma of the badge.

Judging by their popularity I’d say that is fading or faded. They’ve already have overtaken Skoda in UK market share…..

prawny

Couple of our mates have just got a year old sportage, very snazzy even the bottom spec one they got, there were three of them in the soft play car park on Sunday.

monkeychild
    Free Member

They do look rather good. Tick all my boxes (need a family mobile)

dknwhy

Are the 3rd row seats removable on the new Carens?
    Probably the only bugbear I have on my one. They take up a good “2 beer crate” space in the boot floor which is so wasteful on the drive back from Bavaria.

prawny

All fold flat now, like a proper car AFAIK

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Happy Kia owner here , sorry not a new Carens , but a new Rio , 8 months old and coming upto 10,000 miles ….. great car for the money and wouldn’t hesitate buying another Kia

PePPeR

I’ve an old Sedona, its 11 years old this year and we were discussing the other day what to replace it with, it won’t get replaced until its broken but it’ll be another Kia, probably a Carens to gain better fuel economy!

Its been brilliant, (dull) but brilliant!

dknwhy

@prawny mine fold flat into the boot floor but would be better if they came out completely. Handy having 7 seats at times but the extra space would come in handy on occasion too.

footflaps

They also crash very well. 3 days before xmas the wife has a momentary lapse of concentration just as the lorry in front braked and went into the back of it at 50ish.

Walked away with no more than whiplash. Car didn’t do quite so well…..

TubsRacing
    Free Member

I’ve got a 1.7 diesel ( not sure what bhp), all the toys version, on long term hire at the minute. A pillars are a bit thick, engine has nothing below 1500 rpm and its not the best handling car ever but very comfortable and i will be sad to see it go. Boot is something like 490 litres and i can get med mtb frame in with wheels off in 5 seat mode but it is tighter than 2003 mondeo or 2003 Mazda 6 estates. The heated leather steering wheel is fantastic!

iainc

Wife has a Soul, coming up 3 yrs old, ace car, all works, nice to drive, good toys, superb value, 7 yr warranty, what’s not to like !

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New shape kia carens’ is closed to new replies.