Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New seatpost question…..
  • sp654233
    Free Member

Hey guys, I’m needing a new seatpost for my BFe as my current one constantly slips:(. The current post is an easton ec70( which I liked when it stayed put!), but I’m wondering whether to go with a dropper post. Any thoughts? Any suggestions for a comfy post if not a dropper?

Thanks Si

matther01
    Free Member

Dropper. Reverbs are pretty cheap at the moment…although LEV is my preference.

sp654233
    Free Member

thanks for that, I live down the road from Merlin so I could get a reverb for a good price. Are they easy enough to fit?

matther01
    Free Member

Fitting is easy enough but I found bleeding it a bit of a faff and the looping cable a bit annoying. Superb action tho.

Only worry is, if your current post keeps slipping…will the verb work, as you’ll need less torque on the seatclamp?

sp654233
    Free Member

Ah, should have said in my post, it’s the clinch bolt that is worn. The saddle slips back but the post stays put.

fadda

Is that not just as likely to be the saddle rails that are worn, rather than a seatpost issue…?

sp654233
    Free Member

I don’t think so as the post was a cheap second hand pick up off here and is pretty worn at the contact points. I’ve used tape in the past but of late its slipping like mad. The saddle is pretty new and the rails are in good nick.

JoeG
    Free Member

Get a dropper! 😀

I have 2…

robhughes
    Free Member

Get a dropper
    I have 3. 😉

sp654233
    Free Member

Yep….it’s definitely looking like the way to go. Now for a bit of internet tasking to see what offers are on! Cheers guys.

sp654233
    Free Member

*trawling not tasking

JoeG
    Free Member

^ just so its not trolling! 😉

Get a dropper – they are fabulous!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New seatpost question…..’ is closed to new replies.