Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New seals for 2012 Revelation forks?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Are all 32mm Rockshox seals the same? I’ve seen seals with think foarm rings, seal with thin foam rings and wiper seals with oil seals (with very small foam ring).

Do they all fit all forks or do I need a particular one? 2012 dual air RLT if it matters?

Or can I just pick any depending on what level of sealing vs suppleness I want?

Onzadog
    Free Member

And 15ml of oil bath seems stingy. How much can you get away with?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Same question to the evening crowd.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Bump!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Bump!

walla24
    Free Member

echo…echo..

😀
    don’t put more than the stated amount in each leg, it’s more than enough.
    Have you found the correct guide etc for your year/model?

pretty sure you’l need the thin foam ring with the standard outer wiper…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers for that. I’m pretty sure a while back, loco was talking about putting more oil in than rockshox suggest. Just can’t remember how much. I’ve found the “right” kit for the forks but just wondering if it’s possible to get an oil seal in there as well in the hope of keeping more of the crud out.

walla24
    Free Member

no defo wont be room, the newer (2010+(?)) dirt seals are deeper and replace the additional separate oil seal.

StuE
    Free Member
    Onzadog
    Free Member

Tempted by those Enduro seals. Ran them on my Fox 36s and they did a fine job.

Noticed LoCo is kicking around on here today. Fancy chipping in with any seal advice Si?

LoCo
    Free Member

Morning, some seals are some aren’t, we have the 2015 black wipers in stock (slippier!) which run with a thick foam ring which is what I’d suggest.

Onzadog
    Free Member

What about oil volume for the slopping around inside? I’m not fussed about saving a few grams, I’d rather get a decent volume in there. What Rockshox recommends doesn’t seem anywhere near enough.

LoCo
    Free Member

134ml 5wt damper side, 5ml of 15wt in each lower leg can get away with 8ml without issue but no more

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ah, maybe that’s why the spring leg seal is leaking, think I might have tried a bit more in there. Imagined they’d still be more free space in the lowers even at full compression.

Thanks for the info. Best give you a shout in a bit for those seals.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New seals for 2012 Revelation forks?’ is closed to new replies.