Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • new scott volatge vs banshee rune
  • jedi

i’m gunna buy a new frame. i was set on a rune but saw scott do the voltge in 26 compatible too. any experiences?

deviant
    Free Member

I thought the Rune was a 160mm trail bike and the Voltage is a 180-200mm park/DH bike?…I don’t think you’re comparing like with like there?

The new Voltage looks great, it has dropouts and shock linkage that can be swapped to accommodate 27.5 wheels and 200mm of travel in DH mode and then 26 inch wheels and 180mm of bounce in bikepark mode….great bike, Pinkbike reviewed it favourably but you wouldn’t want to pedal it around a trail centre whereas the Rune handles that kind of thing brilliantly.

Sure you’re not thinking of a different Scott model?

jedi

the volatge used to be adjustable down to 150mm iirc

mboy
    Free Member

Out of the 2, the Rune for no other reason than I’d trust Banshee a lot more for the kind of riding you’re going to be doing on it!

Slight aside, and you may already know about it, but Madison have got plenty of 26″ Saracen Aeriel 16X framesets left, and shops are selling them on at about half their RRP. May be of interest…?

chiefgrooveguru

Or the Darkside (kind of halfway in between – 164/180mm rear travel):

http://m.pinkbike.com/photo/11414188

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If it’s welds are anything like my mates Legend mk11 that gets thrashed in whistler. I’d get a voltage.

_tom_
    Free Member

If the new voltage is anything like the old one it’ll be tonnes of fun, I love mine.

kudos100
    Free Member

Some of the rowdiest riding i’ve seen for a while from the guy on the voltage (Vinny T)

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/vinny-t-raw-video-may-2015.html

If it’s good enough for the guys who ride Chatel bike part all the time, then it’s going to be pretty damn tough.

Not sure I’d want to pedal it about all day though.

psycorp
    Free Member

I can vouch for the Ariel 16x, it’s a great frame. Keep in mind though that the Fox CTD was shite as it came, st least on mine. Had mine PUSHed and it’s now much, much better.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘new scott volatge vs banshee rune’ is closed to new replies.