Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • New Schwalbe ADDIX compounds…
  • swainy90
    Free Member

Currently ride a trek remedy 9rsl with Bontrager SE4 team issue tyres. Originally was going to swap out straight away but turned out they were pretty decent through the summer. However they seem to be pretty terrible in the winter with the fairly low thread pattern. Few questions really are the new Schwalbe ADDIX compound worth the extra money and what’s the best combination for trail/enduro riding. Tia

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’m loving the orange stripe Magic Mary on the front of my Rallon. It’s very confidence inspiring.

swainy90
    Free Member

Thanks ashy, currently looking at this exact tyre. As they are pretty pricey thinking maybe leave the rear on and just switch out the front for the Mary

marksnook
    Free Member

I got the orange stripe mary on the front and blue stripe hand damf on the rear, they feel way more grippy than the trail star ones they replaced! I reckon it’s worth it

milky1980
    Free Member

Got a pair of the Nobby Nics Speedgrip ones on one bike to replace some XR4’s for the same reason and the compound is really grippy. Seems like it’s halfway between the two compounds used by Maxxis on their 3C DHRII’s I have on the other bike (what I was originally after). Only a few rides old so can’t tell how they last but so far they still look new so I’m impressed.

astormatt
    Free Member

I have put a set of soft (orange) MM on my hardtail.
    They were excellent at bike park wales yesterday, really impressed with them.

swainy90
    Free Member

For the Mary’s did you go super gravity or just normal?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Mine are the normal snakeskin TLE ones. Chris

swainy90
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Anyone used bike-discount.de. Usually use chain reaction but they are much more expensive

guandax
    Free Member

+1 for Magic Mary – ride them on the front all year. Using Hans Dampf on the back now and Minion ss in the summer.

andy4d

Bike-discount are good. You just need to factor in the shipping costs to see if things are cheaper

swainy90
    Free Member

I’d get from the athleteshop but I’m unsure on the size 60-559 which they are offering. I’m after 27.5

thejesmonddingo

559 is 26″

thejesmonddingo

You want a 60-584

jkomo

I was also at BPW yesterday, every other bike was on Mary’s.
    I went Smorgasbord and Chunky Monkey.

duir
    Free Member

I have the Magic Mary addix Orange stripe 2.35 front snakeskin and rear sg. I have been very surprised at how fast they roll and grip seems marginally better than the old compound. They seem to come up a bit slimmer than the old 2.35 MM on my 25mm rims, they seem to have a better profile on wider rims. Like the old compound the front tyre shows no wear for a long time but the rear was looking worn after a recent week in Malaga. Some other people there had some knobs fall off their new addix after a few days riding but mine didn’t.

deano8
    Free Member

Tried out a Specialized Hillbilly at bpw on Sunday and it was fantastic also I’d and a bargain at £40

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Anyone used bike-discount.de. Usually use chain reaction but they are much more expensive

Yes. Never had a problem.
    Two companies I often buy parts from:

bike-discount.de and
    bike-components.de

dumbbot
    Free Member

bike-discount.de

My Crankbrothers highline dropper failed after 5months and I contacted bike-discount.de…after no response I eventually sorted it myself with help from Evan at Crankbrothers and the UK distributor.

bike-discount.de eventually responded 3months later and offered me 15euros, they were told what to do with that.

Fine for a tyre but if the product might require a warranty I wouldn’t touch them.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Maxxis ftw

swainy90
    Free Member

Howsyourdad1 every bike I have owned tyres have been chopped out for Maxxis, once worn replaced with Maxxis. Tbf I do have a soft spot for them but for ages I’ve wanted to try schwalbe. Time will only tell which is better

aikon
    Free Member

I can’t cope with the coloured line, it doesn’t match the bike & it’s off centre!

Splash-man
    Free Member

I can’t cope with the coloured line, it doesn’t match the bike & it’s off centre!

Totally agreed with this. Kept being distracted by the wonky blue line on my Jumbo Jims last night.

milky1980
    Free Member

My blue line on mine match the bike’s blue perfectly. Bit annoyed it’s only painted on as it’s wearing off the rear tyre after 3 rides, makes the tyre look more worn than it is. Oh well, will have to get it covered in mud again 8)

swainy90
    Free Member

Ordered delivered fitted and rode within 2 days. Safe to say the delivery service is miles ahead of the likes of chain reaction. Went for a quick blast over the chase and first thoughts excellent. Thanks for the advice guys went for the Mary(soft) and Dampf (speedgrip). Will give them are proper running when I go on a longer ride

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘New Schwalbe ADDIX compounds…’ is closed to new replies.