Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New school year; new coat…?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

5 yr old daughter is about to start second year in school, coat from last year still has a little life in it. Is it the done thing that kids usually have a new coat to go with all the other new uniform? I am kinda new to all this…

Dunno.

However, daughter goes to secondary school in September and apparently they have been told they have to wear black coats – WTF?

Oh, this from the headmaster who is banning trainers this year (fair enough) and the kids have to wear black shoes (again fair enough), but after everyone has gone out and bought shoes, decides that girls now have to wear patent leather shoes – again WTF?

Just paid £40 today for the school regulation PE kit and that doesn’t include trainers.

project
    Free Member

When i went from junior to secondary schol,i was the only kid in a blue blazer, everyone had the letter saying black blazer,and i was the one called out to the front of assembly, and humiliated by the head teacher (who was a total nutter), for having a blue one.

As for the OP, if the coat still fits and doesnt smell keep it, and save the money for some text books.

iDave
    Free Member

my ex wife was grim for this, new everything despite the old stuff being fine.

totalshell

good a bit of discipline for the kids.. our head stands at the gate every morning and turns away those not dressed properly.. no one likes him but they respect him..just like it should be..

aracer
    Free Member

Is it the done thing that kids usually have a new coat to go with all the other new uniform?

I didn’t realise it was the done thing to have all new uniform if the current stuff fits and isn’t worn out. Mine has all new stuff, but then he’s going into reception.

uplink
    Free Member

our head stands at the gate every morning and turns away those not dressed properly

That invitation for a day off wouldn’t have passed me by 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New school year; new coat…?’ is closed to new replies.