Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New scam?
  • northshoreniall

Just had email from the nice people at red bull offering to pay me $600 per week to drive around with decals on my car for 3 months. All they need is –

Full Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip code or post Code:
    Make of car/ year:
    Telephone numbers:
    Email address:
    Bank name

We shall be contacting you as soon as we receive this information.

Michael Patel
    Hiring Manager,
    Red Bull.

Kindly there are even no applications fees! Where do I sign?

Hohum
    Free Member

Clever wee feckers these scammers, eh?

northshoreniall

Never seen this variant, though I am still waiting form my share of the Canadian lottery and Iraqi gold. Maybe they’ve lost my address?

DaveyJohnston
    Free Member

Check out Bob Servant. Dundee’s finest responds to spammers & scammers.
    very funny

Hohum
    Free Member

I would love to sign up to it, but would feel a bit of a charlatan as red bull gives me a headache 😆

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Bank name

Alarms bells surely!?

You can guess the next few emails – what’s your account number, passport etc etc

CountZero

I was informed I’d won $800,000 in the Texas Online Lottery.
    Not sure I believed that one either.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

4. Car advertisement scam. The fraudsters pretend to make the victims believe that they would get money if they are prepared to place Red Bull advertising on their private cars and are asked to submit personal date first. This is part of a larger identity theft and phishing attack. Red Bull does not do such advertising at all and never asks third parties to brand their private cars.

From here: http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Generic/Brand-Protection–and-what-everyone-should-know-021243021727391?CategoryName=RedBull.com&p=1242745950125 , but you didn’t really need them to tell you that.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

2 of my friends drive around red bull branded cars and get given lots of red bull. I think they had to apply for that though (they do get paid well though!)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New scam?’ is closed to new replies.