Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New sat nav, suggestions?
  • flyingfox
    Free Member

My Aldi sat nav has finally gone super crazy. It was fine before, and gave me the ability to find the nearest Aldi across Europe!

However, I don’t know a thing about them so what’s best? I go to Europe a lot so that’s important. I borrowed one once that spoke Yoda too, which is the best feature I’ve ever seen and ideally I’d like one which has the ability to send you different ways depending on traffic.

Thanks!

flyingfox
    Free Member

Anyone?!

GrahamA
    Free Member

I’d recommend TomTom, I’ve also used Garmin and CoPilot (on iPhone) and think that the TomTom has clearer maps and a better routeing algorithm

FuzzyWuzzy

I have a TomTom Go 1000 Live, pricey but much better than the 7 year old TomTom it replaced. They can be a bit flakey with firmware and stuff but mines been reliable since I updated it a few months ago (would randomly reboot before that), reading the support forums isn’t very encouraging though :p

Jamie
    Free Member

If you have a smartphone, I would recommend getting TomTom/Navigon/CoPilot etc for it, as well as a car charger as they drain the juice.

If you don’t, then well….I have no idea, sorry 😉

Ben_mw

I’ve got the older version of this Snooper and am very happy with it. It does have the ability to route you around traffic which is pretty good. My original unit packed up for no good reason but snooper replaced it very quickly under warranty.

mrlugz
    Free Member

I just got a tomtom 950 with live. does the rerouting thing and learns ways you prefer to go. Full US and Europe maps. Was about 200 quid from ebuyer. Dont know if its still running or not but you can get cashback on certain tomtoms atm. I got £50, just need to trade in an old working satnav of any flavour.

Downside is the live part lasts a year then you have to pay.

phead
    Free Member

Might be cheaper to get a refurb from tomtom, don’t forget 8% cashback from topcashback etc

http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/products/tomtom-outlet-store/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New sat nav, suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.