Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • New Santacruz economad
  • chiefgrooveguru

If you want a better (but slightly heavier) Bronson then the Spitfire is the bomb: 0.7 deg slacker with the same BB height and chainstay length in its neutral setting, but you can lower and slacken it further with the adjustable dropouts. And size for size the reach is about an inch longer. Technically it’s 10mm less travel at the back but it takes more to bottom it out (more linkage progression) and it’s 10mm longer at the front. Similarly good at pedalling.

RickDraper
    Free Member

I think its more to do with phasing out the alloy models by making a more affordable carbon one.

Rosss
    Free Member

I’m in a similar dilemma as the OP, rode a bronson but it had a rubbish float shock so ruined the ride, Rode the newmad and really liked it with the Monarch fantastic quality but the test bike was too small for me.

Then my brothers Capra turned up, awesome quality and finish, top spec stuff and a lovely ride still concerned it could be a tad short but I’m ordering a new one, putting 6 months on it, if it’s too small the frame will go in favour of a XL nomad, Bronson or similar. It’ll work out no more expensive

grobin13
    Free Member

Rosss what a f**ckin great plan. Think I may copy you with that. Swapping the kit from the capra pro race to a nomad if the sizing doesn’t work out would make one hell of a well specced nomad for the price of the x1 model. Shame YT haven’t listed their new bikes yet. Bet there’s a hell of a delay ordering aswell now that they are distributing to the US etc

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘New Santacruz economad’ is closed to new replies.