Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • New Santa Cruz lineup – Been done? Alu Bikes back
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Santa Cruz make amazing bikes I’ve had several since the late 90’s and loved them all. Bombproof, good looking and ride well if you like a short bike. However I’m just not rich enough anymore. Last one I priced up was 4k+ for very middling kit so I cheaped out and got something else but I’d buy another in a heartbeat if I didn’t have kids, dogs a mortgage and all that shite. .

carlos
    Free Member

excitable1 – Member
    Santacruz dont have them in stock anymore – I was wondering if anyone had seen one on display in a shop somewhere gathering dust
    Pretty sure North West Mountain Bike Centre have one, they may still have one as a complete bike too LinkyMcLink

…and for what it’s worth, they are still a great ride. Rode one on a test ride 12 months ago and thought it was great.

They do and its in the sale they are currently having and comes in Large, Black/Yellow with “free” Pike forks according to their earlier FB post

zinger
    Free Member

They do and its in the sale they are currently having and comes in Large, Black/Yellow with “free” Pike forks according to their earlier FB post

Its sold 8-(

rob8624
    Free Member

Shame there’s no Heckler. The one I bought in 2014 is the best bike I’ve owned, handles Wales has to offer. Also, only ever seen one other Heckler and I’m a Afan local! 😀

earl_brutus

had a mk 1 superlight for years, then a mk 1 bullit, then a blur lt and now one of the last ever bullit. The swoopy top tube is what did it for me.
    Never could afford one new, all mine were 2nd hand ebay bargains……….
    Nice to see the new range though, I’ll be having a 2nd hand CC Nomad in 2019 when they’ve depreciated into my price bracket!

Wookster

My mate loves them, saved hard and managed to get one of the MK1 Bronson’s. I. Find them really short, so can’t get on with them when I’ve ridden them.

All top end or boutique bikes are crazy prices now not just SC.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Yes, but remember, SC are not boutique enough for STW 😉

jabbi
    Free Member

No aluminium Hightower? Bloody typical, would have been tempted by that, the carbon frames are well out of my range!

Wookster

no_eyed_deer – Member
    Yes, but remember, SC are not boutique enough for STW

POSTED 16 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

LoL!!! 😆

gfrew88
    Free Member

The hatred for Santa Cruz bikes tends usually comes from the people who want one but can’t have one. I’ve had a 5010 a tallboy LT and now a Hightower and I personally have enjoyed riding everyone of them.

Good customer service, free bearing replacement and a lifetime warranty in my opinion you get what you pay for and its obvious that many others share the same view.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I don’t see any real hatred on this thread tbh, just some differing opinions.

bikebouy
    Free Member

munkyboy – Member

Good to see lower price points appearing. It will be rusty OnOne Scandal SS’ers on the back of the t5s in the post brexit exchange rate world.

FIFY

STATO
    Free Member

The hatred for Santa Cruz bikes tends usually comes from the people who want one but can’t have one.

Santa Cruz was once a rare, pioneering and daring brand who tried things and were rightly placed into the ‘aspirational’ category, where you had to know something about bikes to get one and build it up right for it to be any good. They have now built themselves past that into mainstream success (good for them). However a few who buy them still brandish that ownership as something special, unique even, but its not, its buying a bike from a shop, one of hundreds if not thousands the same, no different to a top end trek or specialized.

Any hatred is of those few, and may have rubbed off onto the bikes as its often those few who post them on the internet 😆

chestrockwell

No hate from me but tried one, didn’t like it so have not really considered another since.

Goldigger
    Free Member

5010 frameset $1899=£1432
    So that’s cheaper than my orange 5 frame..

Assuming the price conversion is as above..

wrecker
    Free Member

SC make bikes that are as good as anything else, and better than many. Certainly better made than the higher end giants I own. Criticism can be levelled at pretty much any manufacturer, perhaps with the exception of Turner (no, I don’t own one), but even they could be accused of being slightly tame or unadventurous. How many “aspirational” brands are out there?
    Liteville; comically thin tube walls, we have all seen the dints in the downtubes on pretty much ever used one.
    Yeti; you will use the warranty.
    Evil; you would love to use the warranty but you don’t get one.
    Spesh; corporate giant with a history of shoddy behaviour, and hardly ever change models.
    Giant; nice but not exactly pulse racing.
    Scott; CRAZY pricing.

The direct sales mob will probably get my business, but they are far from ideal in CS terms.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Goldigger – Member
    5010 frameset $1899=£1432
    So that’s cheaper than my orange 5 frame..

The official pricing was on Page 1, – US prices have no sales tax applied so you need to factor in about 5% import duty and then 20% VAT on top of that. Which makes these first bacth of frames really good on the import.

simonbowns – Member
    Alu frames £1600, bikes from £2500.

Prices *should* hold until Sept at least, here’s hoping that the £/$ recovers somewhat by then.

Email me info@18bikes.co.uk for more details. We have pricing, but have a BIG job to get those live on the webshop!

johnnystorm
    munkyboy
    Free Member

Weird pricing. Generally expensive for dud specs. Carbon C models way more expensive now as well.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Lovely looking bikes, nice colours, expensive but for me the spec is so week for the money and the suspensions seem too big for my local conditions.

Some times I wish I wasn’t such a tight northerner, let alone an even tighter Yorkshire man
    Common as muck, no in West Yorkshire were every bugger has got an orange , only sc I’ve ever seen was far too clean.., nearly offered to rip it through the woods for the guy

philwarren11
    Free Member

I wish they’d do an alu nomad.

arcing
    Free Member

They don’t come with dust caps, I’m out.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Shame they don’t do the Ali Bronson In green, I could then swap my green 5 frame out and the mrs wouldn’t notice..
    Anybody know the shock length? Could get my CCDB air CS length changed by TF tuned, and get the rear wheel built up for a 148mm hub. Unless I can add different hope adaptors? (Currently 142mm)

Gilles

nobody asked but what is the weight difference between the Solo alu frame and the carbon Frame?

bennyboy1
    Free Member

I’m hoping that one day I manage to get hold of a Hightower Carbon C 29 but these seem to have gone up by around £300 overnight for 2016-17 so whilst slightly annoying I was expecting some sort of future price hike with £-$ currency changing.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘New Santa Cruz lineup – Been done? Alu Bikes back’ is closed to new replies.