Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • New Santa Cruz Chameleon?
  • benpinnick

Codes for c2w? Can you elaborate OP pls thanks

I think what he’s saying is that if you’re buying using Cycle to work then its unlikely any available discounts would still be valid.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Thanks Ben, so much for that theory of mine.

Gotama
    Free Member

For those considering purple hubs. Need to sort the fork graphics. Just one quick ride so far but it’s bloody brilliant, so much fun to ride.

Del

weeds want sorting.
    cables!
    😉

Gotama
    Free Member

weeds want sorting.
    cables!

Pfft, wanted to go riding. I do need to sort the rear brake hose though. 🙂

TheGhost
    Free Member

Is that an XL? How are you finding the reach?

Gotama
    Free Member

It is an XL. The reach is fine for me, if anything at 6ft 3 I’d prefer a little more but then my other bike is an XL Nicolai g13. It does make the chameleon feel like a really playful bike though which is what I was after. Forks are at 130mm, will probably get a 35mm rose bar rather than the 20mm on there now as the head tube is pretty tiny for a big bike.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Am i right in thinking you couldn’t put an angleset in one of these due to the integrated headset?

They do look nice though.

Del

I know it says integrated in the blurb but i’d be surprised if it’s not just an internal cup. SC shied away from push fit bbs, i can’t see them going integrated.
    you’re not allowed anyway.

egb81
    Free Member

Just had the first ride of mine (29er, 1×10 and 120mm fork) and it’s pretty marvelous. All the perks of a 29er but handles like a smaller wheel. Really fun and playful.

superstu
    Free Member

Still want one!

balfa
    Free Member

Anyone know the lead time on ordering a frame at the moment?

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

I did like the look of this for a future build but why is that headtube so short??

110mm is tiny for an xl bike that apparently can take up to a 6’6″ rider.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Head tube length is not something I’d ever consider looking at tbh.

Gotama
    Free Member

I did like the look of this for a future build but why is that headtube so short??

Yes,it is a bit short. I assume it was done to allow the bike to cross disciplines more easily ie lower overall stack height for those wanting a more xc bias on 29 inch wheels. That said I’ve sorted mine with a set of 40mm rise renthals and it’s spot on now.

superstu
    Free Member

Head tube length is not something I’d ever consider looking at tbh.

+1

Glad head tubes are/have shrunk, makes swapping forks easier. Can be a pain if your bike has long head tubes, my brother had a Saracen back in the day and trying to find steerers long enough was a PITA

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘New Santa Cruz Chameleon?’ is closed to new replies.