Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • New Santa Cruz Chameleon?
  • chestrockwell

Has anyone tried it yet and any feedback? Also, are you riding 27.5+ or 29″?

Saw one today in Stif and thought it looked sweet. Had wanted a P7s but seems the current stock is gone and I only have until the end of the month for b2w.

I was told it’s similar in attitude to the Stif Morf so the sort of thing I’m looking for so any real world report would be great.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

I asked the exact same question but got no response.

As you say first allocation has sood out so lots of people must have them.

Come on let us know what you think.

chestrockwell

Chap in Stif said even they are struggling to get hold of ’em!

TheGhost
    Free Member

Also interested in anyones experience with the new Chameleon. I’m still undecided between this and a Solaris Max.

navajo77
    Free Member

I have one coming soon I hope was meant to arrive weeks ago but as you say Santa Cruz inundated with orders and cannot keep up … I’ve a 2015 chameleon also so if it’s as good as that awesome

cookeaa

A work colleague ordered one back in Feb/March I think, delivery has been put back twice on him, he’s basically going to be bikeless for most of the summer, he reckons the Yanks get first dibbs and the rest of the world can wait apparently… Bit of a shitshow IMO…

Has any customer in the UK actually received a chameleon?

navajo77
    Free Member

Called other day was told first week in Aug I ordered march also , site showed in stock so I told them I’d cancel as I found out alpine bikes have one in Perth , phoned back 10 mins later and told me I’d get one first week of July , I can hold on I’ve 4 other bikes to ride so fingers crossed il have another in few weeks ….

unsponsored
    Free Member

I called last Thursday said they had one coming in this week if I wanted it! Large and 27.5+

navajo77
    Free Member

Take it and tell us what like

unsponsored
    Free Member

Full build. I want a frame only.

jim1970

My frame is currently mid July but haven’t had an update in a while.

I’ve bought quite a few bits to go on it already.

MoreCashThanDash

Bike shop I follow on Facebook had a build up the other day. Shame the customer had chosen some shit green colour for the frame…. 🙄

finephilly
    Free Member

if its anything like my old one, they’ll be the bullocks

Gotama
    Free Member

Ordered a frame a couple of days after they were released. It was supposed to be with the local shop (who are one of the biggest SC dealers) last week but that was delayed. Waiting on an update from Jungle apparently. Pretty sure June was the target date when I ordered mine so not getting grumbly yet. I believe they gave priority to full bikes which makes sense from SCs position.

danewen
    Free Member

Anyone got a frame only yet? if so can you tell me if it comes with a rear axle and seatclamp? thanks

chris7225
    Free Member

I got mine last Friday built up 29 with a 140mm pike and it rides really well. Ive just changed from a tallboy 3 and I haven’t missed it a bit.

It does come with a rear axle and seat clamp.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bike shop I follow on Facebook had a build up the other day. Shame the customer had chosen some shit green colour for the frame….

Scottish shop?

vincienup
    Free Member

If I was in the market for a Solaris Max or similar right now the new Chameleon has to be at least considered I think. I remember my old Chameleon well and while this has evolved a long way it would be interesting to find out how it compares to a nice Steel interpretation of the same idea.

garethaka
    Free Member

I have been pondering the Solaris max the chameleon or the sonder broken road. Decisions decisions. Need a comfortable all day bike for strathpuffer next year. Then the big call on what wheels to go with the 29er or 27.5plus?

jim1970

I checked with Santa Cruz about the rear brake mount because I wasn’t sure what it came with. Turns out it’s an IS mount, so you will need a adapter if you’ve bought post mount brakes like I have.

My frame’s not arrived yet but Elevation Cycles (Linlithgow) have a full bike in as do Tiso (Alpine Bikes) at Perth, although I think they’re both 27.5.

I just need to choose a saddle and I’m done.

S_J
    Free Member

We’ve got an XL 29er at C6 Bikes in Cambridge. This was ordered in March time and arrived a week ago. We have two large’s on order now due August. The bike was leaked before launch which led to unprecedented pre orders. Worth the wait though!

egb81
    Free Member

Just bought a medium frame, itching to get the rest of the build kit now. It looks really nice in the flesh.

willv

Has the spec on the top model changed at all as I see its gone up £349 whilst the base model has stayed the same?

Or have SC realised its popular

ticsmon

Cheaper model has gone up £100

Clink

Any advice on sizing at 5’10” – M or L?

Del

from memory the seat tube is 16.5″ on the M. i’m 5-10 andabit and would go large, otherwise i doubt i’d get enough post in there.

jimdubleyou

Yup want…

…apparently Evans have stock in 2 weeks (but that’s according to their website so it might be BS)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

apparently Evans have stock in 2 weeks

See squrrelkings post above, in stock. ^^^

hepstanton

Has the spec on the top model changed at all as I see its gone up £349 whilst the base model has stayed the same?

R spec now comes with a dropper, hence the price increase

jim1970

How on earth are they selling them for £439.

I could cancel my current order losing my £50 deposit, buy from Sprockets and still save £70. Doesn’t seem right.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dunno, call Dave at Sprockets and ask, they are a pukka, very good shop, probably the best stocked MTB shop in Scotland now.

frogstomp

Was it a typo? Shows as £549 for me now.. or is there a code?

jim1970

Must have been a typo.

Thing that seemed too good to be true, turns out to be, too good to be true 🙂

Will give my order a nudge this afternoon, XL frame incoming. Although not sure if my LBS (not where the frame is coming from) has the GX Eagle groupset in yet. Will take a wee ride out this afternoon to visit I think.

willv

a £349 dropper post i assume then

armchairbiker

Got my Chameleon sorted. I am now deciding which colour Hope hubs to get. Purple is clearly one option.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

I just worked out that through a few discount codes and cycle to wrok scheme I could get the bike for about 760…. 😯 hmmmmmm

I’m not a big SC fanboi though might need some convincing

jimdubleyou

I just worked out that through a few discount codes and cycle to wrok scheme I could get the bike for about 725….

WTF? Sign me up…

chestrockwell

Just check that the codes work with c2w as they didn’t for the bike I got.

Was tempted by the chameleon but spec is an issue when compared to similar frames/bikes. I could be convinced a wiz bang full suss frame meant a premium full bike price but not aluminium ht.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Codes for c2w? Can you elaborate OP pls thanks

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘New Santa Cruz Chameleon?’ is closed to new replies.