• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • new santa cruz bronson
  • scuff321
    Free Member

I’ve heard rumours there maybe new Bronson coming out a slightly slacker version has anyone heard anything

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Not sure I see the point even if they do….15mm less travel and probably 1 degree steeper than a Nomad….whoooooooooooooooo

I’ll eat my words if they drop the travel down to 130mm and rake the head angle out. We need a 65 degree head angle, 120mm R/130mm F bike!

wiggles
    Free Member

I doubt anyone on here will have any industry secrets (or willing to reveal them at least) before pink bike etc know about it.

kimbers

These days any info is embargoed till official press release date and any posts will be modded out of ecistence until 5 or 6 websites can all simultaneously reveal exclusive test ride reviews

PS I doubt it’ll be 25+, ibfavy SC will say they won’t make any such bikes, until they do a year later

scuff321
    Free Member

basically I’m after Bronson but am scared to buy anything at moment the way the industry is changing, if your riding it these days it out of date it feels

ricky1
    Free Member

I see what your saying scuff,I’ve been thinking of buying a new bike but I’m iffy about jumping in to buy a new one,I want a mondraker but everything changes so quickly,the people that have just bought a bronson now feel that it’s already for the scrap heap,all the geometry seems to be changing rapidly all the time,whyte and yeti are probably the only ones that haven’t changed theirs much,they must know something we don’t.

munkyboy
    Free Member

It’s probably going to go a bit nomad lite. So try one of those and see if you like the feel and pedal strikes, if you don’t then get the current gen bronson…

jambalaya
    Free Member

basically I’m after Bronson but am scared to buy anything at moment the way the industry is changing, if your riding it these days it out of date it feels

I just keep stuff till it comes back into fashion.

scruff
    Free Member

I cant remember where I read it but they were going to shorten the links to give better clearance under the BB. Think theyve already done that with Nomad & V-10?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Really WTF??? Test ride, like or dislike based on how it rides.
    How will that change if something else comes along? Does it make you dislike what you likes 10 mins ago?

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, how does it feel out of date?! Because of all the marketing BULLSHIT you read on the internet? Don’t read it and your bike will feel fine!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

My Bronsons ready for the scrap heap? OMG! LoL A good bike that you love riding remains for me the essential quality. I rode my five year old Zesty yesterday 2000m climb and 83km later I’d had a blast in the sunshine 26 tyres and all. Go ride

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

am scared to buy anything at moment the way the industry is changing

^THIS^

If I had the spare £7k or whatever it is to buy a really nice bike these days, I probably wouldn’t simply because of how chaotic the ever-changing industry ‘standards’ have become. The industry seem to be backing themselves into a corner with this one. It is conceivable that you could spending £7k on a bike today, only for it to become obsolescent within 3 years, due to some new pointless axle width ‘standard’.

Having spent £3k on a secondhand built 26″ Yeti 3 years ago, I’m happy to ride it until it falls to bits, but I won’t be able to because top-end consumables (wheels, forks, tyres, 9 speed drive train, hubs?) will cease to be available long before the frame dies.

The thought of buying a new bike, at today’s prices, with these prerequisites, seems like complete madness.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The industry seem to be backing themselves into a corner with this one. It is conceivable that you could spending £7k on a bike today, only for it to become obsolescent within 3 years, due to some new pointless axle width ‘standard’.

Not all santa cruz bikes cost £7k… (sure your just going for effect there) my hubs will work with all available axle standards. Not sure how it makes a bike ride any worse…

Superficial
    Free Member

I can definitely sympathise. You don’t wanna spend £5k on a bells-and-whistles bike to find that the whistles are no longer the whistliest after 2 weeks.

Of course, the logical argument is to buy a Canyon or something for £1800 which will be great and work. But once you get into expensive blingy bikes you don’t want them to be instantly outdated. I can see that.

I think the bike industry is shooting itself in the foot somewhat with all these new standards. People are holding off buying in case their multi-thousand pound purchase is outdated.

hora
    Free Member

TBH if they change the steerer diameter again then I’ll probably class the tapered fork as my last fork standard that I’d buy and leave it at that. Any other changes will be to spike demand/churn again. Some changes have been really worthwhile- droppers (addition to your bike/not a change though), tapered steerer, but 650b? I’m not convinced. Any further changes and I’ll class mountain biking as just too expensive.

I imagine at somepoint they’ll all try messing with the BB diameter/shape etc again via ‘new fangled cranks’.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘new santa cruz bronson’ is closed to new replies.