Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • New S-works Stumpy in MBR WOW!!!!
  • Wookster

Looks amazing 22lbs with sram xx! Always likes my stumpy wish I had not sold it really, but this looks special 140mm travel if it ony had a bolt thruogh fork!! New shock mount look bettre IMHO! Any one else have any thoughts??

uplink
    Free Member

Did MBR give it 10/10?

Wookster

LOL Thats next month!! :mrgreen: I know they get a bad press but they are bloody good bikes the stumpy’s

neil853
    Free Member

Could well be my next bike. I’ve always been a big SBC fan but rode an early epic and an enduro and hated the brain system. Now I think you can more or less turn them off, they’ve gone back to fox rear shocks to keep the reliability there and they’ve got to the magic 140mm barrier. As I say, looks like my next bike.

Wookster

It Has started to move the IBIS from my wish list for 2010 alright. I think going back to fox can only be a good move really.

Gnnr

Any pics online?

hora
    Free Member

Did MBR give it 10/10?

😆

phildowling
    Free Member

Perhaps there own personal ones haven’t turned up yet… 😯

Although they may not like the tyres..why do bike companies spend £££££’s on new designs when we all buy bikes on the tyre choice.. 🙄

grumm
    Free Member

thread is worthless without pics 😛

Stiggy

Hold on, 22 lbs and all that but they’ve got a Spesh shock and fork!

Digimap
    Free Member

Not sure I like it. It’s all bent tubes and big gaps. Weight weenies wet dream but deep pockets required at £0.538 per gramme.

njee20
    Free Member

Can we have a scan or something then!?

0091paddy
    Free Member

Ideal bike for the golfer new to the sport.

kimbers

apparently will have shock position like th 2010 epic…

njee20
    Free Member

That’s the 29er Epic, which is essentially a 2009 Epic, with big wheels.

Digimap
    Free Member

njee20
    Free Member

Good to see it’s got the S-Works chainset.

Digimap
    Free Member

Yeah funny that. They stick the 10cog sram XX (£299) on the back, the whole point of which is to give enough range to run a double, then stick a triple homer chainset on.

njee20
    Free Member

Aye, a good point. They even make a double spider for the S-Works chainset, although refuse to bring it into the UK!

iRideSpesh
    Free Member

Good to see that they are going back to fox. Check the rear brain, it certainly reads FOX….finally people at Spec got some sense…

specializedneeds

More than a passing resemblance to a Motolite

Stiggy

iRideSpesh: Fair enough re the shock, I didn’t see the Fox sticker, unfortunately the fork is still one of theirs though 🙁

njee20
    Free Member

The Spesh units are far superior to the Fox ones, when they work, they have just been dogged with reliability problems in the last 2 years. They were fine in 2007!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘New S-works Stumpy in MBR WOW!!!!’ is closed to new replies.