Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Rockshox Revelation RTL fork problem?
  • r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Evening all,

Hoping someone can tell me I’m not going mad…

Just bought a new on one 45650b which came with the Rockshox Revs RLT. I’ve just been for a quick pootle down my street to check all is ok before I take it on it’s first proper ride and noticed something a bit strange!

It’s got the Motion Control DNA switch with the floodgate adjuster. With the compression switch in the far clockwise position the forks were locked out and vice versa in the other direction. But for some reason that appears to be the opposite way around all of a sudden?! The forks are locked out if the switch is in the far anticlockwise position and fully open when the switch is the other way.

What’s going on?! Anyone had this before?

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

The bounce test kind of went – Bouncy bouncy then locked out without me touching it! Now the switch is working backwards

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Any morning shift STWers any ideas?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Sound buggered, ring On-one service department if you bought it direct from them. Don’t start messing about with it which could invalidate the warranty.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I’ll get onto them this morning. Strange as they seem to work fine apart from that

speedstar

I have the ones without the DNA switch so can’t comment directly but this obviously sounds wrong. Have you checked the rockshox manual? I have just serviced my forks and it’s possible to really screw them up if you don’t know what you’re doing and aren’t very careful. Try resetting all the pressures and have a ride. Might need to be serviced though. Any way of asking the guy you bought them fro if he noticed anything strange?

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I’ve tried letting all the air out and pumping them back up but it’s still the same. The rockshox manual just gives generic info and nothing about which way the switch should be facing when locked out. There is a small icon on the switch with an arrow pointing to a padlock which surely means that way is locked out. Which it was, and then it wasn’t?!

carlj
    Free Member

hi there, did you get to the bottom of this? I’ve got the same issue. it seems to work fine (if backwards) so am tempted to leave it as is…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Rockshox Revelation RTL fork problem?’ is closed to new replies.