Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New roadie saddle recommendations
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Preferably leather and with a cut out, oh and titanium rails.

I do also find myself riding on the nose sometimes, so something with a bit of width and padding up the front would be good.

aa
    Free Member

selle italia flite gel flow perhaps,

a classic saddle with a big hole in the middle.

🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Unfortunately the new Flites are much skinnier on the nose than they use to be. I used the old style for years and loved it, but the new ones not so much.

carbon337
    Free Member

SLR flow. I use the cheap SL xc and its a nice fit actually. Liked the Arione but it was a bit expensive at the time.

eyerideit
    Free Member

How about this?

Ti railed version if very good

mikey74
    Free Member

The SLR flow looks a good option.

lunge

Find a shop with a few trial saddles and try some. I’ve got a Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow which would fit what you’re looking for. I did try the SLR flow and hated it though.

m1kea
    Free Member

Good to see the old Flites are well regarded by others.

Do you specifically need a cut out? I only ask as I brought a Spesh Alias a while back and it feels like it’s collapsed a bit. I have a feeling the lack of ‘body’ has caused this.

Been replaced with an Aliante

atlaz
    Free Member

selle italia sl xc on my road bike here. Most comfortable new saddle I’ve had surprisingly (once I’d adjusted it correctly).

mikey74
    Free Member

Do you specifically need a cut out?

Historically I have found them to be the most comfy, but I happy to be guided elsewhere.

RickyRah
    Free Member

I’m finding the Spesh Romin quite comfy at the moment. Nice wide nose and a kick up at the back makes it good for riding in the drops for long periods. Personally prefrer it to the Toupe.

m1kea
    Free Member

I’ve had a SLR T1 (TT/Tri) saddle on the TT wagon for 5+ years and it’s very comfy. The nose has a lot of padding which is ideal for riding on the rivet.

anc
    Free Member

Slr for the win, planet x have good discounts on them at the mo 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

a lot of people seem to rate SLRs, I’m considering one as first upgrade for the new bike.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Saddles are a very personal thing so asking for suggestions on a forum like this are pretty pointless. With no idea of your physical size you need to get yourself along to a Specialized dealer and get your sitbones measured on one of their gel pad systems.

That will at least give you an idea of the sort of saddle width you need to be looking for. Most of the modern racing saddles (which usually come highly recommended) are far too narrow for me for instance and at 6′ 4″ tall I need a wider saddle which fortunately some companies like Specialized and Bontrager now offer.

Even if you are a smaller frame with narrower sitbones, it will at least confirm the choice of saddles which are open to you to consider.

m1kea
    Free Member

forzafkawi

Agree with what you say but I think I’m right in saying mikey74 has a pretty good idea of what he’s after (from experience).

For someone who’s new to the saddle swapping game then yes the Spesh system can give you an idea on what to look for.

That said I think I clocked up 20 years of riding before I tried such a system. Similarly I had my first bike fit last year and all it did was confirm what I already knew.

njee20
    Free Member

Always liked SLRs, switched to Toupes as they were cheaper and last longer, and find them more comfy.

TiRed

. I used the old style for years and loved it

You do now they have re-released the original Flite, don’t you? Just buy another. And yes I use the original Flite Ti on my road bike. Still light at 200g and always very comfortable. No cut out though.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New roadie saddle recommendations’ is closed to new replies.