Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Road Crank 130 BCD needed Recommendations?
  • WayneKing
    Free Member

Hi all ive bent my drive side Sugino (Japanese for made of cheese) messenger crank on my singlecross in a crash so i need a replacement.
    Can anyone recommend a replacement, ive left the bike at work (so cant remember if the cranks are 180mm or 175mm)with the same chainline etc.

Ive been looking on the net and realise these type of cranks have somehow become fashionable with hipster and fixie riders so are stupidly expensive.

Any cheap replacements with the same chainline that will fit, doesn’t matter if its a single speed crank or triple double etc(i can take the rings i dont need off) as long as its the same chain line 120 dropouts on a single cross.

Any ideas? cheers.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sugino is good stuff.

I’d get a spare s/h here or off ebay – I’ve had an 8s dura ace chainset for £20.

As for chainline, I guess we’d need some info like chainline, bb axle length etc?

WayneKing
    Free Member

Is it good stuff? I didn’t expect it to bend quite so much! maybe im just used to stronger mountainbike cranks, saying that i have bent a mountainbike crank only it was in a much heavier crash, maybe its the cold weather 😉
    Ive seen quite a few Sugino cranks that have snapped off. Thanks for you recommendation but i would never buy second hand cycle parts.
    Maybe the Suginos on the Singlecross are OEM version and made to a lower spec?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Maybe, they certainly made good stuff back in the day (including for Suntour?), I’ve still got some of their mtb cranks.

If sh is not for you I’d guess it’s niche-prices.

WayneKing
    Free Member

cynic-al-

If sh is not for you I’d guess it’s niche-prices.

🙂

Mind you everything is a lot more expensive now, part/bikes/clothes, im sounding like a right old moaning git! (i am!)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Join the club! Start buying old stuff too for gold membership!

WayneKing
    Free Member

Why is everything so expensive though, world economy, new people getting into riding, because bikes are fashionable these days? I dont get it!

I used to order stuff off chainreaction willy nilly, and not even think about the cost, now everything seems double or triple the price!
    I had a look at MBR (in Smith’s mind!)the other day, off the shelf do it all big manufacturer bikes with fox suspension at either end used to be £1500, now they’re £2500-£3000!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Road Crank 130 BCD needed Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.