Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New road bike owner advice – moving "drop" brale levers ?
  • Ifrider
    Free Member

Rotated my "curvy" bars, now the hoods are too low. How the hell do i loosen the clamp ?? MTB's were never this complicated !! 105 10spd flight deck ones btw…

oldgit
    Free Member

5mm Alan key under the hood on the outside of the levers.

Just peel the hoods to one side and you'll see a channel that'll guide the key into the bolt.

druidh
    Free Member

There's a screw under the rubber hood. You'll need to peel it back a bit to get to it. You won't have a lot of movement as the gear is taped against the bars and might well end up having to re-tape them.

Ifrider
    Free Member

Can't see any allen headed bolt but there is a cross head screw on the inside of the hood, very smal though ?

cynic-al
    Free Member
    druidh
    Free Member

Definitely a hex bolt on my 105s.

Outside of the lever.

Peel back the hood – from the front

There's a channel in the plastic body which the hex key will fit in.

Ifrider
    Free Member

Will try later, feel like a right idiot, been buiding my own mtb's for years but this… 😳

crazy-legs

Ball-ended 5mm is easiest but any 5mm will do. Slide it down the little groove on the outside edge of the STI under the rubber hood and you'll feel it engage with the bolt. You only need to undo this a couple of turns, it's an absolute pig to get back in if you undo it all the way.

More than a couple of cm movement of the levers will probably require retaping the bars.

Ifrider
    Free Member

Thanks guys, all done, piece of p now, was looking at the wrong side of the hood initially… That tape business is a pain in the arse though. Give me a set of Odi loc-ons any day…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New road bike owner advice – moving "drop" brale levers ?’ is closed to new replies.