Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New (road) bike.. Giant or Cannondale?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Both tick all the boxes, Di2, Discs etc, but if you had too chose? Want something that’s all day comfortable for your average MAMIL.

I think I know what I’m leaning towards, but keen to hear others views..

Giant

Cannondale

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d go for the Cannondale out of those two personally, only really because they pay a bit more attention to details IMO (and I know a couple of people with the 2015 version and it looks great and they say it rides great).

imnotverygood

Personally I prefer the Cannondale, but I suspect they are both decent bikes.

JoB
    Free Member

i’d go for the one that fits me the best

Teetosugars
    Free Member

i’d go for the one that fits me the best

In fairness Jo, as long as it’s a 56cm, with a 120mm stem, and 44cm bars, it’ll be spotty dog. 😀

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

If you buy from Westbrook go via a cashback site, I got £63 back on a £1500 bike within just a couple of weeks.

+1 for the ‘Dale, though there will be several Giant fans along shortly to counter, so you in true STW style you’ll get no consensus. .

mattsccm
    Free Member

I’d go for the one that:
    a) is the prettiest
    b) can be picked up from the local dealer
    C) has the lightest wheels coz that’s what you will want to upgrade first (that cost much money)
    After all Shimano is Shimano, carbon is to all intents and purposes the same in a price band and I’ll assume that either will fit and handle as you want.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Cannondale
    The colour is only nasty whilst the Giant is bloody awful

lesgrandepotato

Suspect the giant is better value, but I have a pair of dales in my shed. Lovely machines 🙂

relliott6879
    Free Member

+1 vote for the Cannondale.

Scarcat67
    Free Member

I have this years Giant model, brilliant ride. You will find that the wheels on the giant are in fact tubeless compatible already. I run the same wheelset tubeless they have missed this as a selling point !

Get the right size is key and demo both, for that sort of money there will be demo bikes available.

Enjoy whichever one you choose to buy !

amedias
    Free Member

Cannondale, looks nicer (to me), especially the chainset, and I just like Cannondales…

I doubt there’s much difference in terms of actual performance that qould sway you either way.

JoB
    Free Member

in that case get the Cannondale, it doesn’t have a high tower head-tube like the Giant, and dropped seat-stays still look gash 😉

peteimpreza

As the Cannondale fits me like a glove I will suggest that. I do have two of them……………….

But if the Giant fits you better than that is what you should get.

peteimpreza

By the way , you can get the 2015 version of the ‘dale for £2800 if you do a little searching.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New (road) bike.. Giant or Cannondale?’ is closed to new replies.