• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by tthew.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New road bike build – Reilly RS7 Stainless Steel beauty!
  • velocipede
    Free Member

I go through bikes like there’s no tomorrow (not quite as bad as some on here, but I’m probably in the Premier League of serial bike builders!). But, maybe for the first time, I think I might have got myself a “keeper”…….I can honestly say this is the nicest bike I’ve ever ridden (and in the last 40 years, since starting racing as a 10 year old, I’ve owned around 80-90 bikes, so I do have “qualifications”!)

Reilly RS7 Stainless Steel, custom built and hand brazed by Mark Reilly himself and delivered to my door about a week ago. Took around 6 months….and in the early days whilst I was speccing it up, choosing the colour, etc Mark couldn’t have been more patient or helpful…the wait has been worth it……

So, some pics of the frame immediately after it arrived:

I couldn’t hold off, as soon as the frame was out of the box, the build had to start. It was a lovely sunny day too, so could do it outside:

Matching Titanium Reilly stem:

Nice silver Thomson seat post and Arione saddle:

And the SRAM Force groupset started to go on:

And the cabling up:

Lovely new wheels – Hope RS4 hubs on Mavic Open Pros, 32 spoke to cope with the nasty roads around here:

And finally, she was built!

Needed to chop the steerer down and also put an order in for some rather nice stainless bottle cages so final build pics will follow in the next few days. In the meantime:

I’ve done about 35 miles on it so far……all I can say is WOW, am I pleased or what!!

jobro
    Free Member

Lovely bike. Glad you like it so much.
    I’m about to order a Reilly gravel bike myself after a long long decision making process so its good to hear what a crackin’ company they are to deal with.
    If I may……Ti headset spacers rather than black??

monksie
    Free Member

Somebody else on here has got one just like that……. http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-road-bike-friday-custom-steel-content…..exactly the same actually…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    velocipede
    Free Member

@monksie – I forgot I’d done that! Wanted to put the full build up – should really have done it in the same thread!!

I suppose this confirms what a daft old bugger I am!! 🙄 😳

TiRed

also put an order in for some rather nice stainless bottle cages

Thank you. I’d have swapped out two of mine if I saw the bike in the flesh!

verticalclimber
    Free Member

Very nice. I nearly got the same but got the 853 in the end as couldnt afford the stainless as wanted custom geo and bolt through rear. Next one will be though. Already have a columbus life frame for commuting from him and he built my hardtail when he was at enigma at the pevensey site. Top bloke .

monksie
    Free Member

I’m only very jealous

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I hate road bikes, but that is well lush. Enjoy it!

boblo
    Free Member

That frame is laaaverly 😉

Points of order Mr Chairman:

+ Yer rear derailleur lasoo cable is a bit ower long
    + Pink saddle? PINK SADDLE?? Philistine. Get it changed – please.

The Force is a nice groupset too. I put one on an Enigma Ti thingy a year or so ago and haven’t had to touch it since. Still slightly wished I’d gone Chorus tho…

Nice boik Matey.

velocipede
    Free Member

Finished a road race on it last night – rode fantastic in the 40mph winds around Oulton Park motor racing circuit (legs needed to help it on its way mind you, which I can now feel tis morning!)

Here I am in the pits afterwards with my Directeur Sportif (my Dad!) and the bike…..

DT78
    Free Member

Lovely bike. Personally I would have gone for a silver group set to match the frame and wheels

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have a Gradient. Lovely bikes.

TiRed

Well done. But the racing maxim always holds; don’t race what you can’t replace. That’s too nice for a race bike, and it would be a simple case of chopped front wheel, down and bars banging the top tube 🙁 .

velocipede
    Free Member

@TiRed – I must admit, I was thinking that myself! 😀

tthew

Finished a road race on it last night – rode fantastic in the 40mph winds around Oulton Park motor racing circuit

Ah, my club, (Weaver Valley) race series! Shamefully I didn’t make it out to spectate. I’ll look out for you next week, so you’d best ride it again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New road bike build – Reilly RS7 Stainless Steel beauty!’ is closed to new replies.