Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New rims
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Stans Flows a good replacement for Sun Singletracks?

My Suns have given years of good service and I am just a bit hesitant over finding a replacement.

I use them for everything from all-mountain to dh, including trips to Whistler bike park.

banginon

Yup +1 for the flows

Northwind

Flow is a superb rim but I’d have thought you’d want something beefier for bike park work? Depends on what you do when you’re there I suppose.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

The flow is my do everything rim of choice. (not that I do everything, but the rim does everything I choose to do)

mikey74
    Free Member

Anywhere cheaper than £70 each?

TrevorB

Wiggle are doing white for £60 Flow

mikey74
    Free Member

Yeah I saw that; white only though.

mikey74
    Free Member

The thing is, I can buy some new Singletracks for £20 each, although I was hoping to lose a little weight.

petey_pants
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat, like the Flows they seem quite pricey. Has anybody tried the Superstar AM-490? Look pretty comparable, but £25 per rim.

househusband
    Free Member

I’d want to know how the Superstar rims are joined (pinned, welded, etc.) before buying – I note they don’t state that.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I can buy some new Singletracks for £20 each, although I was hoping to lose a little weight.

Save yourself £100 (+ another £40 in spokes) and cut down on portion sizes.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d like to see the cross section of the superstar rims as well. Be great if they worked tubeless or were a straight rip off of the flow rim.

mikey74
    Free Member

Save yourself £100 (+ another £40 in spokes) and cut down on portion sizes.

Not quite as effective as reducing rotational weight, but I get your point, although I am no lard-arse by any stretch of the imagination.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New rims’ is closed to new replies.