Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New rims
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Are Stans Flow rims the only logical replacement for my ageing, and dented, Sun Singletracks?

You have to bear in mind that I am very attached to my Suns as they have been subjected to everything from all-day xc epics through to being hammered in the Whistler bike park, and have soaked it all up. However, I would like to try and save a little weight, if I can.

It may also be worth saying that I do appear to be doing more dh than xc these days, but I still want them to be light enough to climb.

Frankers
    Free Member

I use Flows on both my bikes, light but strong and easy to set up tubeless. I would recommend them

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the comment Frankers: I’m not bothered about tubeless: I just want something that I can rely on.

RealMan
    Free Member

I’ve been using stans 355s for over a year now. They are fantastic. Very reliable, very light, very strong.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ve been using 719’s and 521’s for years, never a problem.
    Also the lighter Halo rim looks fine to me despite being white. Have one spare but posting from Ireland tends to be silly costly.

mikey74
    Free Member

Which Halo rim is that?

DT78
    Free Member

Flow rim’s were in the crc sale the other day…£48 if I remember correctly

Hairychested
    Free Member

XLrater ot XLrator, don’t remember their spelling.

mikey74
    Free Member

Nothing by that name on the Halo website.

geetee1972
    Free Member

If you want to run them occassionally for DH, then definitely go for the Flow rims. I’ve been running these for 5 years now and have yet to seriously damage a set and that includes occassional use at places like Gawton. They are a lot lighter than Mavic 521/721s.
    If you need a strong trail rim not for use on DH courses though, the Stans Arch is holding for me and saves you around 50g a wheel.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I think I will go for the Flows: My local tame wheel-builder is very good and therefore he should be able to make them pretty strong.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Sorry, they’re Funn and are made by Sun. CRC have them http://uk.mc246.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showMessage?.rand=1633277583&mid=1_890523_AKdoUtQAAFDMTJXZqgPhB2VJiCk&fid=Inbox#_pg=showFolder&fid=Inbox&order=down&tt=1008&pSize=25&.rand=843852501&.jsrand=1395744

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New rims’ is closed to new replies.