Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • New Rim time. Anyone with DT Swiss XM 481s?
  • mucker

I got my 29er ones here and this is the 650b ones,

r2bike 650b XM481

Now priced at 87.50 Euros.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Awesome. How are people finding the DT 350 hubs. Was trying to decide between these or new Hope Pro 4s. Just had some Mavic XLs. Great wheels but the hubs really took too much looking after

tomaso
    Free Member

I was sick of Hope free hubs sh!tt!ng themselves, so went DT just a change. Will have a look in the freewheel soon and see how much of winter is inside. ..

zerolight
    Free Member

How did you guys get on with the 481s after 6 months? I’m about to order a pair of wheels for my Trigger Carbon for trail duties. Debating between the EX471 and the XM481.

Gotama
    Free Member

As far as a rim can go mine have been great. Besides normal riding they survived a long weekend being smacked around the chatel bike with my 95kg bulk on them completely unscathed. Built by justridingalong fwiw, always had a great experience with their wheels.

tomaso
    Free Member

A year on 481s in Lakes mostly riding in a clumsy fashion and they are tip top. Like things that work well I am struggling to say much more! Previously had Flows and 321s and generally tough’ish rims and these are wider, as strong and as light. Had a few OEM wheels etc that all got destroyed and I have plenty to comment how crap they were.

bm0p700f
    Free Member

How have you damaged a ryde rim. I have been using the same rim for a while now and they fine.

The dt 481 rim is a good one. So is the velocity blunt ss.

I would go with the dt swiss 350 hubs or shimano xtr.

zerolight
    Free Member

Missed these posts. I wish we could subscribe to threads here. Thanks for the input. If I’d seen it earlier I might have gone with the 481 but I decided to go with the 471 instead due to fears the 481 rims would be too exposed to rocks up here in Scotland, being wider. Hope the 471s are good as they arrive tomorrow!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ryde rims were lame a low pressures, 481s seem great so far. Got them in 240s and it’s a dreamy combo 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘New Rim time. Anyone with DT Swiss XM 481s?’ is closed to new replies.