Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Rim advice
  • wheelie

I have some Hope Pro 2 wheels with i believe DT rims which are 18mm ish internal width. Looking for something a bit wider that I coould have the option of getting something like a Vigilante or Huchinson Toro on(impossible on my rims).
    The WTB I frequency 23 and 25 get quite good reviews. What are your thoughts? preferably using existing spokes if possible!

Northwind

I put an i25 on the back of my tougher wheelset, after cracking a Flow and mangling a Flow Ex. It’s a wee bit heavier, but seems to be tougher, and is wider. Haven’t really used it enough to fairly compare (it took ages to crack the flow) but it had some hard use, including doing a bunch of a descent at la thuile on a flat, and you can’t really tell. Good so far

fudge9202
    Free Member

I built up hope pro II evo hubs on WTB st i23 29 rims and fitted Hutchinson Toro tubeless on them, they are great, and surprisingly light, tyres are stable on the rims but needed a local garage with compressor to initially pop them onto the rims.

rOcKeTdOg

Blunt 35

poah
    Free Member

2.35 toro’s fit fine on my bro in laws 18mm rims – were OE fitment

swanny853

Frequency 23s have been very good on my meta am 29- good middle ground between arch ex and flow ex on weight and width, tyres go on more easily but the bead seems to lock right. I’ve been impressed enough to buy one to replace the rim on the other halfs bike. That one is currently building up quite easily if that influences the decision.

They’re only 45 quid too, which helps a lot.

jontykint
    Free Member

always wipe front to back

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Rim advice’ is closed to new replies.