Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • New riding partner!
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

My G/F has decided to get into mtb’ing & has just splashed out £650 on a 2008 Specialized Myka FSR – hell of a bike for a first-timer!

We went out for the first time last Sunday, she was even less fit than i thought & had a really hard time figuring out how to work her gears. I took her on a fairly simple bit of downhill singletrack & she crashed, falling off quite spectacularly into a huge muddy mess.
    She got up looking like she was crying & i thought ” oh bugger”, then i realised she was laughing her head off!
    She’s really proud of her bruise & her first crash – looks like i’ve lost my peaceful solo rides! 🙂

rs
    Free Member

looks like i’ve lost my peaceful solo rides!

shes just your GF, not too late!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

🙂 but she is 32D…..

househusband

but she is 32D…..

Where’s that ‘this thread is useless without pics’ animation when you need it?!

Tracey

Fitness will come as will gear shifting, every one crashes, its part of the fun, its also great to bike together

Even when it hurts

Tracey

muddydwarf
    Free Member

One, i don’t know how to post a pic & Two, if i did without permission i’d die!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Tracey – great pics, although i think we are a long way off those rides yet! She managed 13 miles, mostly flat & was aching til wednesday!

2hottie
    Free Member

I win my Gf is a 32F!

crispybacon
    Free Member

I win my Gf is a 32F!

we definitely need pics to ‘err verify that statement for you to win the prize 😛

househusband

I did have a photo of Mr hh topless and on horseback… I deleted it after accidentally showing it to her parents!

rolfharris
    Free Member

My GF got fed up of crashing all the time and being bumped around and just liked fire roads.

She’s now a road biker.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Must admit, all jokes aside it must be quite uncomfortable for the more generously-endowed ladies when riding.

rj
    Free Member

34DD

End of thread.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

bloody hell, does she ride & if so can she advise the missus on a good sports bra?

rj
    Free Member

No, but I’ll ask her sister. She’s a 34G.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ouch! I once knew a girl who competed in show jumping at County level, she had a reduction ‘cos it was causing her too much pain!

Cooroo
    Free Member

Trouble with riding with your bf is he makes you lie in the wet mud while he faffs about taking a photo…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Good pic! 🙂

Carbis

Wife says use 2 sports bras, lower one being a “Shock Absorber B109” (proper bra style), the top layer being an M&S crop top style. The combo costs about £50 but she thinks it’s well worth it (cheaper than the Orange 5 she wants to reduce bounce).

She says the “Shock Absorber B109” is good enough by itself for singletrack or fireroad but the extra layer was needed coming down Chapel Gate (the main bit not the edge).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘New riding partner!’ is closed to new replies.