Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New riding friends needed in Sheffield/Peak area
  • jackthedog
    Free Member

Unfortunatley my regular riding friends seem all too often to be otherwise engaged come the weekend – there's always patios to be laid or kids to be taken to dance/football/whatever practise or overtime to be earned or girlfriends to be appeased or family meals to attend.

I suppose it's something that comes with the responsibilities of growing up, but I wouldn't know anything about that because I'm a 27 year old child who wants to ride every weekend without fail.

But I'm starting to get bored of riding alone (and the safety concerns that brings) so are there any folk/groups out there who fancy another rider joining them on their weekend jaunts around the Peak (or anywhere really)?

I'm a 5inch trailbikey type, no whippet but good for semi-fast 25-50 mile stuff, if that makes a difference.

Wow, this post feels like a lonely hearts advert.

Riofer
    Free Member

I'd be up for the occasional ride, but due to patios, kids and family meals it wouldn't be every weekend :D. In fact evenings are probably best for me! Let me know if you fancy an evening ride from Sheffield.

Rio

racing_ralph
    Free Member

weekends a go go here – but not your distances!!

jimmy

where were you 2 years ago when I needed you? I could have written that same post!

ahwiles
    Free Member

"semi-fast for 50 miles"

?!

jesus christ man, this is the peak district, with gert big'ills, all steep wi' rocky bits an that.

most of us are happy with a cruisey 20 miles, any further/faster than that and enthusiasm levels with start to drop off quickly.

no wonder your friends don't ride much with you anymore, it sounds like their excuses of patios and cello lessons are just an attempt to duck out of joining you on a death-march.

jackthedog
    Free Member

weekends a go go here – but not your distances!!

no wonder your friends don't ride much with you anymore, it sounds like their excuses of patios and cello lessons are just an attempt to duck out of joining you on a death-march.

Oh dear, now I'm feeling paranoid.

Reading back it was hardly an ideal way of ingratiating myself…

I'm 'good for' semi-fast 25-50 mile rides, I don't always do them. When you're riding on your own, with nothing to get back for and nobody to stop and talk to you find yourself riding quite far.

It was a way of saying "I'm not a fat biffer or owt", so if you invite me out I shouldn't be too much of a liability.

I'm as up for a couple of hours round Wharncliffe as I am an epic round the Peak.

This bloomin thread has left me whittling that my riding mates all go on secret rides without me.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

any Dads out there who want to come with their kids for tea and cake so we can all sit around talking about riding and laying patios whilst the belly grows? I think I've forgotten how to ride a bike off-road 🙁

stonemonkey
    Free Member

I'm up in crookes normally do around 25 miles in the peak , couldnt comment on the pace probably reasonable my mate who i ride with he is keen to do loger rides and rides pretty fast imo . email in profile

sq225917
    Free Member

Happy for weekday or night rides, particularly night rides from Sheffield. I'm also a pot belly acquiring parent, help me break the 'vicious circle'.

Maybe all us dads should make a date for this week, turn over a new leaf instead of paving flags. One thing of note, my cycling might have gone to shit but our kitchen is looking fooking lovely.

Simon

stilltortoise
    Free Member

my cycling might have gone to shit but our kitchen is looking fooking lovely.

😆

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I could have written the same post here, but Lincs Wolds based.

Even through all the good weather, the regular sunday and thursday night rides have dwindled to 2 people (from about 15 last year).

Think its a summer thing myself.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Stonemonkey YGM.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New riding friends needed in Sheffield/Peak area’ is closed to new replies.