Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • New ride – Finally finished my rocket
  • adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

Finally finished building my Cotic Rocket

took it for a spin yesterday

Really Happy

chojin
    Free Member

Looks good 8)

patriotpro
    Free Member

Very nice indeed.

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

OK here’s another go at posting the pics properly this time….

Rocket4

jam-bo

Surely that bottle cage is a little pointless?

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

I’m crap at cleaning bladders so if I can shove a bottle cage on I do

I didn’t think the bottle would stay in it though, but it did on the first days riding…

If I was off to the Alps using uplifts I’d take it off – need a bigger ring too then though

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Thats seriously nice bike.

NormalMan

Really nice bike. I must admit I am still a little and cage user too. I run a side loading (spesh zee cage) on my fs.

swingbing
    Free Member

Mmmm. Nice.
    Which size are those Rubber Queens? Tubeless? I’ll be interested to here how you get on with them.

chakaping
    Free Member

sweet ride

wisepranker
    Free Member

Looks lovely. I really fancy a test ride on a Rocket to see how they go.

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

They’re 2.2 tubeless rubber queens

I’ve been running them on my hardtail for ages, and ran them on my dh rig this summer (2.4’s) – obviously I really like them

I’ve not tried loads of different tyres in recent years, just mountain kings, high rollers 1&2, and a few different schwalbe’s I really like these though. Could just be riding the hardtail quite aggressively the extra height helped and so I stuck with them and got used to them

binners

That’s luuuuuurverly.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

very interested to hear how the Bos suspension works out, please post some more about it as you ride!

bullroar
    Free Member

That looks superb, hope to take one for a day demo ride next week in The Lakes if the weather is not too unpleasant.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Very nice. Really tempted to get one next year, but I am also waitng to see the short travel version as well.

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

I’d definitely recommend a test ride, they’re a bit different and loads of fun so I can see them floating a lot of peoples boats. Short(er) travel version sounds interesting too, but with the progressive nature of the suspension I’m not sure knocking an inch off the travel is going to make loads of difference – but I never cease to be amazed at how small changes can make bikes ride so differently even on hardtails.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I’d love to get a test ride but there never seem to be any in the south of england.

boltonjon

That is lovely – the first i’ve seen with BOS forks – awesome!

Northwind

That’s not a proper rocket- no horrible blue bits!

andrewh
    Free Member

Very nice. I’m lucky enough to have ridden one and can vouch for the fact that it is great fun.
    And, yes the bottle will be fine there, I raced with one on it.

AlexSimon

Very nice indeed!

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

That photo bos sponsored ha! Actually invites me to try cotic but still unsure…

Just a wee expensive for what they are all pf cotic range imo.

Enjoi!

scotchegg
    Free Member

Very nice looking ride you have there.

What size ring are you running, it does look small.

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

Its a 30t ring, I’ve been running a 32 on my BFe for quite a while, and figured a little bit extra (or less) would help give me just a bit more spin, first ride out it worked great.

I guess I’ll see how much I miss it down the other end but if hope ever bring out their rear cassette I’ll try and get one fitted – its got pro evo 2 hubs on which I think they’ve said it should retro fit too…

onceinalifetime> No I couldn’t pull in favours when I got the BOS forks 😉 If you get a chance to try one you should go out of you’re way to make it happen

boltonjon

BOS forks rule – bloody ace they are!!

_tom_
    Free Member

That’s looking very nice. I think if I ever bother with another FS it could well be a 2nd hand rocket if there are any lying around for a good price!

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

What I implied earlier post reply of what tom states!

swingbing
    Free Member

Are they the full UST rubber queens? No burping?

brennak

Hi Nice build, finished my build about a month ago, just a bit of advice on the syntace mech hanger system, carry a spare bolt and hanger The mech must have hit a rock or something, but instead of the bolt breaking as designed, it ripped the threads from the hanger, it took a nearly a week to get replacement parts from Germany as no one seems to stock these in the UK.

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up on the hanger, I used to carry spare mech hangers but got out of the habit

UST rubber queens, had a few teething problems when I first started using them but since using all the proper gear – specific stans flow rim strip and pulling them on by hand and just generally being careful on the install I’ve only had one problem when I twisted the tyre in Les Gets after landing a bit sideways after laying it out and that said the wheel buckled but the tyre still held air and got me down it just wouldn’t seat correctly.

Black Chilli is awesome

swingbing
    Free Member

I take it you’ve tried them with just the rim tape and they weren’t so great? I’ll perhaps have to order up a couple of rim strips if that’s the case. Thanks for the info, possibly saving me quite a bit of time.

I’d love to take your bike to Les Gets! :mrgreen:

myorangecrush
    Free Member

Nice ride! Just finished mine. Photos will be coming soon…….
    To all those out there that are on the fence….. Get off it test one and you wont look back. I tested 5 bikes including the Rocket. It was the most fun by a big drop off.

Im going to try and go toobless…… ANy advice for a toobless Virgin ?

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

My advice is go for one system and follow the instructions precisely, be patient and take your time.
    I think there’s a lot of people trying all kind of things some work some don’t but if your starting out you want to maximise your chance of success first time off

The rim strips seem to seat the tyre so much better, when I installed these tyres I blew them up without sealant with a hand pump.

mr_stru

Re: the spare mech hangers. As I’m a cautious type I got one before anything went wrong direct from Cotic which ISTR took a lot less than a week.

What I do want to get is the new bit that fits a thing for loosening it in to the non drive side of the axle to save me rummaging about for allen keys when I’m getting the bit in and out the car.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Don’t need rim strips on the flow, just yellow tape and a compressor or ghetto tubeless inflator (can be knocked up for pennies).

adrenalindaddy
    Free Member

Yeah I saw that “thing’

Got a van though so if I’m taking the wheel off for some reason rummaging around for an allen key is going to be the least of my problems

Northwind

Some folks think the rim strip works better than yellow tape on Flows. Maybe it’s tyre dependant but I’ve never had a problem with yellow tape, either fitting or riding.

brennak

More on Mech hanger, did contact Cotic who as always were very helpful but could not post out any spares out for 4 days, as no one was in the office, Mon Tues and Wed, they also advised they only had very few spares, so to cover my bets, I ordered from Germany also(these arrived first) I could not find any other source in UK. It is bad not being able to use your new bike for a week. I also wanted people to know, not only carry the bolt as a spare, but also the hanger part. I also think there is a problem with the bolt length / thread engagement 4.5mm instead of 6.5mm, that caused the bolt to rip out the threads, which I am trying to clear up with Syntace (as this is not a Cotic design) will update when / if they reply.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

Id like a30 tooth chain ring on mine, i thought 32 was the bottom limit,i think it is on my xt crank. What crank do you have there?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘New ride – Finally finished my rocket’ is closed to new replies.