Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New Reverb – button won't depress? Normal?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Just fitted a new reverb – the remote button doesn’t want to go down 🙁 Any ideas?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Fiddled with the speed dial on the lever – on fully + the lever presses but the post won’t compress. It should be as simple as – press button and push seat down shouldn’t it?

tomhoward

How tight is your seatclamp?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    somafunk

It could be stiction in the seals if the post is brand new, spray a bit of silicone spray on the shaft and sit on the seat then press the button.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Tom – not on the bike!! More than stiction

sharkattack

Yes it’s perfectly normal for a Reverb to be broken.

And yes the seat should push down with the button pressed in. Did you buy it new? It should have come with a bleed kit. The button and the hose is the hydraulic part. You shouldn’t need to bleed the hose on a brand new Reverb but it’s obviously not working so that’s where I’d start.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Brand new from CRC – no bleed kit tho so am stuffed for tomorrow 🙁 Hopefully get it bled on monday at work. Its like there is too much oil in it???

h4muf
    Free Member

I had to bleed mine out of the box.piece of piss.

shinsplints

What shark attack said
    Totes pain in the ass
    Sell & get a KS

sharkattack

Are these the ones that CRC were banging out super cheap with no packaging or accessories? Sounded dodgy at the time especially with the most notoriously unreliable bike part ever inflicted on mankind.

I got mine from the LBS and I’m currently on my third which, fingers crossed, has been trouble free for about 6 months. The first one managed 5 miles the second managed 5 weeks.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Not the super cheap ones no

shinsplints

I’m not just being a stw knob, I speak from experience.
    Like shark attack my first lasted 1 ride, sent to sram for rebuild
    , 2nd one lasted 1 ride, sent away again, 3rd one was sold. Did my head in.
    Now on a KS.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Broken and back to CRC

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New Reverb – button won't depress? Normal?’ is closed to new replies.