Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New revelation owners
  • pitcherpro
    Free Member

Just after some reviews of the 2010 revelation team air u turn maxle light's , who's got some and what did you swap them for ?

I'm thinking of changing from my pikes to these , what are your thoughts !?

LoCo
    Free Member

2011 forks will be available later this month, Revs coming with Ti parts and Dual position travel adjustment maybe worth waiting for….
    Also the Pike replacing Sektor.

Northwind

I've got the 150mm u-turn maxle teams, they are basically brilliant. Barely any heavier than my old QR 130mm Revs, despite the maxle. They're not as stiff as a Pike though, I think some people might consider them a little flexy compared to those or even the old maxle rev with the pike parts (which is what they replaced), but they're still stiff enough and accurate. And the blackbox is just that wee bit better than motion control.

All in all, fantastic. I still use the 130mm Revs in my other bike and they don't feel bad in comparison but comparing the 2009 and 2010 Maxle Revs is ridiculous, you get more travel and something like 20% off the weight to boot.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

I have found the rev's for £454 which i think is a bargain ! I have read a few reviews saying that they are a little bit flexy compared to a pike but i'm sure it's only going to be a small amount? When will the 2011 ones be released? Have read about the dual position air which sounds fab.

They'll be a heck of a lot lighter than my 351 coil pikes!

LoCo
    Free Member

Towards the end of this month about the 25th is what I've been quoted for my stock.

porter_jamie

i put some u turn rev teams on my 456, i had 100mm reba teams on before. they have transformed it. you can hit so much bigger stuff. definitely like to be wound down for grinding up hill, which can be a bit of a pain.

bol

They're great. I swapped Pikes for mine and for the sort of riding I do I didn't notice any loss of stiffness, just a lot more control and a lot less weight. I've used them on a Pitch, an Mmmbop and currently a Soda and they've felt great on each. I just wish that I could change the travel from 120-150 to 100-130, which would suit the Cotic much better.

Northwind

I've never considered u-turn to be any bother, I use it a fair bit (Hemlocks are designed to work with a 130mm or 160mm fork so it's not just climbing mode for me) and it's not like it takes any time to do, and it can be wound and unwound on the move. But dual position does look cool…

pitcherpro
    Free Member

LoCo what sort of prices are we looking at for 2011 revs and sektor?

Porter i know what you mean about winding down but i can never be arsed! 😕

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New revelation owners’ is closed to new replies.