Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New Reba vs 2nd hand SID?
  • andy4d

So looking to change the 100mm recon silvers on my bike. Was going to get Reba’s but saw a set of second hand 2013 SIDs for about £50 less. What’s your opinions, new Rebas or used SIDs?
    Also if I get the new Reba’s can I change the internals to make them 120mm at a later date?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Hard to day as there are so many different variants of both Reba and Sid. But iwould prob say new Reba.

Again.whether it’s adjustable or not will prob depend on the variants

mikertroid
    Free Member

You’ll get a warranty with new rebas and you’ll have to trust the vendor of the SIDS that that they’ve been serviced.

I’ve got a set of 120mm Rebas, I would be amazed if they aren’t changeable from 100-120mm. Good forks Btw!

andy4d

Cheers. Both are RL solo air. I was thinking Reba’s but didn’t want to miss a bargain but the warranty reassurance probably swings it for me as well.

nickdavies

Reba. Fractionally heavier but not much different. I’ve got both and the Reba is a lot nicer to ride, could be setup issues but my sid is a lot harsher, although it is rct3. Unless your racing I’d take the new fork and warranty.

Both need a new air shaft to change travel, I’ve got a 120mm barely used one if you like £20 posted if you’re talking 29″? 10 minute job to change during a lowers lube.

andy4d

Cheers Nic but I am old skool 26″ or I would of taken you up on your offer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New Reba vs 2nd hand SID?’ is closed to new replies.