Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • new rear tyre time for the muddy, slippy conditions
  • tk46hal
    Free Member

29er full susser! Need a better rear tyre now because the one I am currently using has worn away and gives no grip on the sleep climbs, just wheel spinning so please recommend a super grippy tyre for the greasy times ahead?
    Thanks

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Current rear and front tyre?

tk46hal
    Free Member

Racing Ralphs front and back. Been great for the dry conditions but now the rain and mud are back and now losing the grip at the rear end on the really steep stuff and wheel spinning to a stop and would normally be able to ride the routes in better conditions.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tk46hal
    Free Member

What are your favorite tyres?

big_scot_nanny

I found the Hans dampf, 2.4, trailstar compound 29er to be insanely good in mixed conditions. Not a “cut through the mud 1.8inch but crap at anything else mud tire”, but for slimey, muddy, greasy, slippy trails rocks and roots, the hans dampf were great.

However, unbelievably draggy on tarmac/flat.

Such is life, I was happy with teh trade off.

Kev

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What did you use last time it was muddy?

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

I just decided on my winter tyres for the mud and went for WTB vigilante on the back (non team-issue so should hopefully roll a bit better) and a magic mary on the front. Haven’t fitted them yet, will probably wait until october.

br
    Free Member

Depends on where you live/ride.

A Minion front, Ardent rear was good for last winter – but it’s rocky here. Whereas when I lived in the Chilterns it was Mud X’s both ends at a minimum.

angeldust
    Free Member

Another one for Mud X’s in the chilterns

tk46hal
    Free Member

I never changed the tyres to suit the conditions. I just used the Racing Ralphs all year round but now they are goosed. They were never that good on the slippy stuff but as I need a new rear tyre I might as well buy a really good grippy etc one!

zippykona

I ride mud x all year and am very happy apart from wet roots.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I need a new rear tyre I might as well buy a really good grippy etc one!

go too grippy and it will feel like your going backwards… Minion was my UK go to though. Never rode in that much deep mud just lots of rocks and roots.

Carax
    Free Member

+1 Mud X

limburger
    Free Member

Beavers. Just as good as Mud X, but lighter.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘new rear tyre time for the muddy, slippy conditions’ is closed to new replies.