Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New Rear Shock for my Pitch
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got Pitch comp and it’s got the OE X-Fusion shock on there, comes with Rebound and thats it.

It leaks a bit of air over time, and recently at the back of my mind there’s been an idea to change it.

I’m wondering what people on here would suggest, is it worth fitting a coil shock or summit like a DHX Air one, or shoudl I just stick with summit like a RP2 or RP23?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I have a mate selling a DHX coil with Ti spring (200mm x 50mm stoke) in immaculate condition – £180 posted

geetee1972
    Free Member

I’ve seen a lot of reports that say the DHX Air is not as good as the more conventional RP/RP23 etc. The latter is lighter, less complicated (less to go wrong)cheaper and the damping performs better.
    Having said that I’ve got a DHX Air on my Spesh Enduro and it’s been more or less fine.
    Coil currently outperforms air quite easily, but you have to ask if you want the extra performance versus the weight.
    If you did go down the coil route, you have the usual suspects (Fox/Manitou/Marzocchi etc) but one that always gets overlooked, is easily as good as the competition and possibly quite a bit cheaper, is the Romic Twin Tube – you can get them from Stendec I think. Performance is excellent.

chakaping
    Free Member

Is your shock size 200mm eye to eye and 50mm stroke?

If so, I have a new unused Fox Float R shock with propedal that I need to get round selling.

Basic but light, plush and could be well matched to the Pitch’s neutral suspension system.

Looking for £90 posted. Email in profile if interested.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Steve – that offer of both the DHX (if the coil is the right weight for you) and the Float are both bargains. Personally I’d go for the Float unless you ride a lot on big terrain (Peak/Scotland etc) in which case the coil might be justifiable.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

coil is a 450lb

racing_ralph
    Free Member

suitable for 11.5 stone iirc

steve_b77
    Free Member

Well I’m just over 13st so about 13.5 with riding kit on, what size spring would I need for that?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

500 – 550lb
    springs are £25 from CRC for steel or £100+ for Ti

AndyA
    Free Member

Does the pitch not have 57mm stroke?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

not a clue

GaryLake
    Free Member

Is there anything actually wrong with the Fusion shock though? My wife’s Myka has one and although I’ve obviously not ridden her bike in anger it seems to feel aright and perform admirably enough…

steve_b77
    Free Member

The Pitch has 200mm i2i and a 50mm stroke.

>GaryLuke

It’s ok but it does loose a bit of Air and I thought it might be cheaper just to get a new one instead of getting it services.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Fair enough 🙂

james
    Free Member

"thought it might be cheaper just to get a new one instead of getting it services"

How old is it? How long is the manufacturers warranty on it? I’m assuming specializeds lifetime warranty is the frame only

AndyA
    Free Member

steve_b77, it’s showing up as 7.875×2.25"(200mmx57mm)on any sites i’ve looked at. Sorry for butting in, just wouldn’t want to see you buy the wrong size. Saying that, you have the bike so i may be wrong.
    I was considering buying the cheaper pitch myself and swapping all the kit from my current bike over to it and flogging the rest on ebay. That’s why i’ve been looking into the shock size, as my current shock could just be swapped over to the pitch if it’s 200×57.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Andy,

My bad you’re right

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New Rear Shock for my Pitch’ is closed to new replies.