Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New rear bike light – whoa!
  • monkeyp

Just got a Niteflux Redzone 4 from the States. I was impressed with the design and simplicity and I have to say it blows anything else I have used out of the water. It came to £60 ish delivered, so fairly comparable with many high power rechargeable lights.

However, the thing that strikes me is that there is no focused beam to speak of. It illuminates almost 360 degrees. 8 different modes and several flashing patterns from the two teeny LED’s and you can program it to remove modes. The brightest setting is daylight visible. Should be completely watertight as well. Love the simple mounting.

Nice, simple well thought out. Will post back after a week of commuting.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

£6?

monkeyp

Oops 🙂

£60

monkeyp

Oh, and has a carbon fibre body. Mmmm, carbon!

Vortexracing

just googled it and I must say, it looks superb, may contemplate one for my commute.

Let us know how it goes please?

large418
    Free Member

I saw a bloke on a bike about a year ago with one of those, when I caught up with him it turned out he was a bike copper and he had 2 – helmet and bike. Had to ask what they were as they were really good bright but not dazzling rear lights. Been trying to remember the name ever since!

monkeyp

First ride today with this light. On the way in it was dark, damp and foggy. The light gave a fantastic pool of light illuminating the bike, my back and legs giving a great deal of confidence for the 24 mile journey. On the way home, I put it on the highest power flash as the sun was low, and again, it was clearly visible.

No water ingress at all even without guards and the remnants of flooding and mud on the roads.

So far, I am very impressed 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New rear bike light – whoa!’ is closed to new replies.