Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • New Ragleys; done yet?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I ran a 140 front, 100 rear trance for a while. best bike i’ve ridden for trail riding. bloody fantastic. These ragleys have got the right idea. love the idea of them

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

My motolite works quite well in the 100mm rear travel setting and a 140mm fork up front. 10-4 looks good to me.

Rickos
    Free Member

*waits for ahwiles rubbish photo*

You took an old steel frame and welded some suspension bits on? I’d like to see that – seriously, I’m a bit of a fettling geek. Hopefully it’ll put Cynic-Al’s efforts to shame.

AlexSimon

I probably wouldn’t buy blind, but I’m fairly sure that 18bikes will get a demo frame up and running asap.
    I’d love to try one.

ahwiles
    Free Member

1st assembly:
    [/url]

1st build:
    [/url]

after the mega:
    [/url]

100mm rear travel, felt ace.

i built it as a ‘this will never work’ prototype, as a step towards building my own Dh frame, so i was as surprised as anyone when it came together into a rideable bike…

i then spent a couple of years designing/building a 180mm rear travel version.

only to slowly realise that i don’t like loads of travel… and the shorter version felt much nicer.

so i’m back on the drawing board: 100mm 29er, with geometry pinched from inspired by my Ragley. (to be made from steel, obviously)

Woody
    Free Member

Wow – good effort….very good effort <doffs cap>

M6TTF
    Free Member

top effort!

thepodge
    Free Member

that back end looks looooooong

ahwiles
    Free Member

everyone’s a critic! 🙂

it sort of had to be like that, i wanted to design a perfect parallelogram. And, because of the shock length, and where it would fit in the frame, and where i could get the top/rear pivot, the length of the links had to be 230mm.

if the top-link was 230mm long, then the bottom-link had to be 230mm long (if i wanted a parallelogram – which i did)

and, i din’t know how much clearance i needed for things like tyres and chainrings and etc. so went a bit cautious.

so, with 230mm links, and cautious clearances, you end up with a long ‘chainstay’.

but i did say, i never thought this would get ridden, i assumed that it wouldn’t work, so didn’t really think about the geometry. i just wanted to get it done, and learn along the way. this frame was nearly made out of broom handles – it’s that level of prototype.

i left geometry to proto3…

wwaswas

*slightly dissapointed at lack of spoons*

ahwiles
    Free Member

sorry about that…

wwaswas

it’s ok, it turned out well in spite of that 🙂

GlitterGary
    Free Member

That DMR looks ace, how did you do in the mega?

Have you still got the thing?

ahwiles
    Free Member

2nd wave, 80th in my group or something…? and something like 3millionth overall.

the frame is rusting slowly in my cellar.

Rickos
    Free Member

Nice work!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

So any official word on pricing of these things? Might be worth hanging onto my Blur 4X until the G6 is out!

Rickos
    Free Member

Ragley’s website has nothing about them at all. You’d think with a Eurobike launch thay’d have some sort of news item – prices, geo, etc. – but no.

grum
    Free Member

No news on prices etc yet then?

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

No doubt the pricing will be very “surprising”

druidh
    Free Member

And no doubt they’ll be available at a “Sale” price on CRC, despite never having been on sale at the RRP anywhere previously.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Was 120/120

Then 130/120

Now 150/120

I’ll be stopping there

dirtyrider
    Free Member

anyone running a blur xc carbon with 105/140?

RustyNissanPrairie

if there anything like any other MK2 Ragley-they’ll finally arrive in 3 years time and something will be wrong with them.

druidh
    Free Member

dirtyrider – Member
    anyone running a blur xc carbon with 105/140?

Definitely outside warranty if you break it and I reckon it would be tough to keep the front wheel on the ground while climbing anything remotely steep.

AlexSimon

Just noticed that on Bike Radar, they say that the M74 (aluminium 1×10 hartail with Recons) should be very cheap…

UK distributors Hotlines are still waiting for final confirmation but it’s looking at hitting the shops at £700 complete.

That could mean they are going to try and be very competitive with the FS bikes too.

thepodge
    Free Member

1200-1700 for the full suss bikes is my guess

frames at 700-900

GlitterGary
    Free Member

There’s a review of that M74 in one of this month’s magazines, it looks like an ace little bike for £700.

Does away with all that 3 finger chainstay nonsense, but a Twix only has 2 fingers and they are pretty nice.

modig
    Free Member

Still no answer to the original question?

(sorry if it has been covered elsewhere)

Cheers
    /Johan

AlexSimon

What original question?

druidh
    Free Member

Do you fancy an apple?

modig
    Free Member

Oh, sorry for my vague wording 🙂

I didn´t mean original since the beginning of time but rather original as in the first post of this thread.

Cheers
    /Johan

ahwiles
    Free Member

the Ragley website is ablaze with constant updates.

(they had a T-shirt competition 6months ago, and a few weeks ago someone with a beard went for a ride)

AlexSimon

But there was no question in the original.
    Unless you mean Done yet? In which case, no they haven’t.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘New Ragleys; done yet?’ is closed to new replies.