Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • New President of the USA…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

… in 2020.

Oprah.

Good idea and would she win?

binners

You’d like to think she could win.

But given that the American electorate have last chosen an unhinged, nationalist, populist, aged white male, who’s main selling point was building walls, and has since championed white supremacists, I seriously doubt it

Theres also another obvious candidate, who’s somewhat better qualified…..

BigDummy
    Free Member

Prediction: Oprah will win the Democratic nomination, and Trump will beat her in 2020*.

Oprah has the ability to unite people furious about Trump’s uselessness in executive office, people furious about Hillary being very right-wing, people furious about Obama being black and people furious about Hillary being a woman.

*I’m much more confident that Trump will be the GOP nominee in 2020 and will win than I am in the democratic nominee.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Winfrey would crush Obama.

If Trump shows anything any nutcase can get in, but my thought would be that it is/ will get so bad with Trump that people will return to the status quo and go with a ‘politician’ . Would be awesomz though if it wasn’t as I am all for non-politicians getting in

binners

This is, of course, working on the assumption that we’re all still here in 2020. Given the way this is all going, its hardly a given…..

jimjam
    Free Member

Oprah Winfrey? I take it no one told incumbent President George Clooney about this?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Trump could well be looking at a different view come 2020, first hurdle is not losing the mid terms

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Is that wolff’s book signing binners?

martinhutch

Democrats shouldn’t be looking to the entertainment industry to disguise the total lack of a decent 2020 candidate. But I suppose it’s inevitable given Trump’s success on the back of a TV career. Oprah would be as divisive a candidate as Hillary in many ways, with plenty of ammo for smear stories, which are starting already:

bearnecessities

As this will probably turn into the megathread, for prosperity:

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is there a Kennedy left?
    On looking to the entertainment industry it has produced 2 of the last 6. Wonder what Martin sheen is up to, Kevin spacey has some spare time too.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Kanye West! please god please please please. bahaha !

BoardinBob
    Kryton57

If you think the newly revived diehard racists in America could even bear the thought of a black woman as President of the US…

Sadly, it would take a monumental voting effort to turnout by the sensible and intelligent populous

freeagent
    Free Member

Kanye West! please god please please please. bahaha !

+1.

Trump will look like Churchill compared to President West..

Greybeard
    Free Member

Boris Johnson. He just has to reinstate his US citizenship.

Edit – I’m NOT suggesting it would be a good idea!

binners

President Farage?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oprah would be as divisive a candidate as Hillary in many ways, with plenty of ammo for smear stories, which are starting already:

It’s amazing how been seen with Harvey is worse than admitting sexual assault.

willard

There are just too many good candidates stepping up now. I mean, Oprah could partner up with The Rock _or_ Ron Perlman. Both would be good choices for VP for her.

Having Michelle Obama run would be pretty amazing though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Could happen I’m sure.

Well not really sure, because nobody knows anything about politics any more. Least of all me.

slowoldman

Surely we are overlooking this guy who clearly has all the attributes.

jimjam
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member

If you think the newly revived diehard racists in America could even bear the thought of a black woman as President of the US…

So were these diehard racists hibernating when Obama was running? If they couldn’t bear the thought of a black woman becoming president how did they allow a black man to become president? Did no one tell them? What about the 8 million or so racists who voted for Obama but then voted for Trump? Did they not notice Obama was black?

Did they just suddenly become racist, or did they reject the social justice culture’s inference that they were misogynist racists if they didn’t vote for Hilary? If Oprah runs and doesn’t win is that proof America is racist? If Oprah wins is that proof America stopped being racist?

One thing is sure, if the Democrats double down, choose Oprah as their candidate and campaign on the basis of race and gender they will lose again.

funkmasterp

stewartc
    Free Member

if the Democrats double down, choose Oprah as their candidate and campaign on the basis of race and gender they will lose again

You have just given away the campaign plan!

I’m for a small change in the rules, or amendment if you will, and the inauguration of President Schwarzenegger.

The bigger question is, is it better a career politician with presumably the correct work experience get the job or does it just boil down to just popularity contest?

Leku
    Free Member

I remember when I idea of Arnold Schwarzenegger becoming President was the the scariest thing.

Seems like a happy dream now.

kimbers

So were these diehard racists hibernating when Obama was running?

oh they were busy

especially this one

trump lost the popular vote & won on a tight margin of dissadfected voters, helped by the monsterring of hillary by wikileaks etc
    hillary also didnt get the ‘black vote’ out in the way even her husband did

deadkenny
    Free Member

Sadly Boris renounced his US citizenship, so we can’t have President Boris I assume.

Oprah is just good at dramatic speeches in public given her background. She was obvious choice at the Globes and all well prepared. Arnie has more qualification to be president from his experience, aside from not legally being allowed to be.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got remember they are not all racist and sexist, there are however racists and sexists there, a classic interview of a woman working in a reasonably professional job saying as nice as it would be president isn’t a woman’s job.

jimjam
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

So were these diehard racists hibernating when Obama was running?

oh they were busy[/quote]

You realise that sign was new four years after Obama was elected? Still doesn’t answer the question of all the racists who wouldn’t allow Oprah to be potus allowed Obama to be president.

Kryton57

One thing is sure, if the Democrats double down, choose Oprah as their candidate and campaign on the basis of race and gender they will lose again.

The easy way to counter that is to state that they would consider Oprah, but Michelle Obama is a much more capable political candidate.

As for the rest of your questions, you might merely read the Trump thread and every article that spins/is suggested/is available related to it to see that Mr Trump has caused a momentum swell in US “negative nationalism”, a term I use to cover all kinds of “isms”. The more educated sensible US citizens who can see that the best for the US and for the world at large is to have an intelligent non radical President of whatever colour race, creed or religion are the ones that need to come out of their city wine bars and vote.

kimbers

Still doesn’t answer the question of all the racists who wouldn’t allow Oprah to be potus allowed Obama to be president.

this time they can team up with the mysoginists who didnt like hillary and boom!

ajf
    Free Member

Just had a look at UK next prime minister odds. Seems Kanye has the same odds for next POTUS as Liam Fox does for PM.

The Rock and Zuckerberg have the same odds as Gove.

Not really sure what to make of the world anymore?

franksinatra

President Hoff FTW!

rmacattack
    Free Member

omg lol. this is just a laughing stock. hard to believe that the once strongest and greatest nations on the planet is debating what movie actor/actress/ singer/social media poser they want as their next leader. Trump was bottom of the barrel enough. surprised to not see more of the kartrashians on it, or someone like logan paul. ffs america

slowoldman

Oprah is just good at dramatic speeches in public

Sounds to me she’s as qualified as Trump then.

Northwind

Given the chance, I’d totally vote for the Rock. Not that he’s qualified to be president, but he’s not a total douche, and it feels like that’s the best we can hope for these days.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Is it too much to ask for someone with actual experience and political credentials rather than their celebrity status?

FFS, it’s like something out of Black Mirror, maybe we should forget about voting and just get Cowell and Hasselhoff to preside over the proceedings.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Tom Hanks.

Del

i would say michelle obama rather well qualified. you don’t get to be first lady without having some political ability of your own. no way they’re going to go in the ring with an incumbent president though. too risky.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘New President of the USA…’ is closed to new replies.