Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Planet X shop i' Barnsley…
  • crikey
    Free Member

Very nice bike shop indeed. Bit of an arse to get to, but well worth the trip.

tinribz
    Free Member

I’d probably have a lot more planet X stuff if I lived closer to one of the shops.

Which kinda leads to the question, why did they open a second shop about ten miles up the road from the first?

That’s going to be a lot of outlets to get country wide.

damascus
    Free Member

I think they already rented/owned the premises so it didn’t cost that much toopen a shop there.

I went the other day but couldn’t get what I wanted as it was in the warehouse next to the other shop.

I think they plan to open a shop in Leeds next.

brant
    Free Member

Which kinda leads to the question, why did they open a second shop about ten miles up the road from the first?

Allows us to develop the discipline of running a remote shop, without the back up of our warehouse next door. A kind of “proof of concept”.

I went the other day but couldn’t get what I wanted as it was in the warehouse next to the other shop.

We still have work to do on the previous point :-/

tmb467
    Free Member

Look forward to the Leeds one if it comes to pass

crikey
    Free Member

Being a bit of a connoisseur of bike shops, I was impressed. It is essentially a display point for the stuff you see on the web, but was well done and comprehensive enough to make the trip worthwhile. Some really interesting bits of furniture in there too, plus the Airstream.

The location depends on where you set off from, but I’d go again for a morning out from over Manchester way.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I really liked the place, I went last year when scanning out CX bikes. I came off the A1 closest to it which I found easy enough to follow my nose.
    If you say it’s to prove your selling point and open the brand out then I can only think its a very good thing. It certainly made me recommend to mates (and on here) that it’s worth a visit. When in there there were 5 girls on road bikes that came in to have a look around, if that’s a common thing then I think you are onto a winner.
    I shall pop back in on the way upto Harrogate again for sure.

brant
    Free Member

. It is essentially a display point for the stuff you see on the web, but was well done and comprehensive enough to make the trip worthwhile.

Thanks for the feedback and comments.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Planet X shop i' Barnsley…’ is closed to new replies.