Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New place to live required – London content
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I got into my mini-flat today where I live during the week in London (work reasons) and there’s a letter under the door, the landlord is selling up, to be fair this was mentioned last June when I took the initial 6 month lease.

Thing it the place costs me buttons (£280 a month), it’s only a single bed-sit style affair but in a really nice area – Turnham Green, off Chiswick High Road.

I’ve got until the end of April to find somewhere, but could do with it costing a similar amount and being in a similar area.

Whats Lambeth/Clapham like? out of curosity

mudmonster
    Free Member

I think clapham is quite nice.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Good answer, I take it you live there

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Clapham ain’t bad, but it is South of the Moat…. 😉

Turnham Green is a nice part of town, Marlborough Crescent especially (I know people there!)

I suppose one question is, where do you work and how do you commute? That can add/change the cost equation quite a bit!

steve_b77
    Free Member

I work in Victoria and ride to work 85% of the time, so no biggie there.

Just would like a nice enough area after living in Stamford Hill for 9 months 😯 prior to this place

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ah, SW1, eh? My part of town.

Have you considered looking at the likes of Barnes? Nice ride in aloing the river, through Chelsea of a morning. Not much different to Chiswick/TG in terms of cost.

mefty
    Free Member

There is very little cheap housing in Barnes, much more in Chiswick. Clapham is great as are parts of Lambeth, other less so. If you like it where you are look at Hammersmith, Shepherd’s Bush and Acton, there is a fair demand for rooms to let from BBC freelancers so should be plenty of supply.

steve_b77
    Free Member

On the search 😀

aP
    Free Member

You could always try a little further west – Brentford?

Woody
    Free Member

Did your downstairs neighbour receive the same letter ?

kimbers

off turnham green!, lived in chiswick for the last 3 years
    have now moved to brentford, its not as nice

djglover
    Free Member

Northfields is good, west end in under 1/2 hour, Cwmcarn in under 2 hours. Cheaper than Chiswick but loads of great local eateries and pubs.

Thinking about it, I’ve now lived here longer than anywhere I’ve lived since I was a kid, so it must be good!

chunkypaul
    Free Member

flatshare with the below neighbour in another nice area? 😉

mudshark
    Free Member

£280 a month

Wow, I used to live near there and my lodgers paid close to twice that.

Hairychested
    Free Member

If you’re single use your charms on Kingston students and you’ll have a bed and bonk every night FOC.

mudmonster
    Free Member

[Good answer, I take it you live there]

No brixton, not so far from there though.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Hhhmm..can’t get this quote thing to work

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New place to live required – London content’ is closed to new replies.