Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • New Pixar movie "Up"
  • Nickquinn293
    Free Member

Can't find any posts on here yet – anyone seen this? – just back from taking my kids to this and thought it was really good. Possibly the best Pixar yet – right up there with the Incredibles.

Bit of a weepie too 😳

My kids at the end – "Dad – are you alright"

Me (bent over to hide my face) – "sniff – I think I've dropped my phone – I'll catch up with you outside" 😳 😳 😳 🙄

disben

want to go see it – not seen any bad comments or reviews whatsoever about it!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Brilliant film. Best I've seen in ages. Funny and sad, great for kids and adults. Superb.
    😀

Shakey
    Free Member

We went yesterday and thought it was great. There are a few poignant moments which were probably lost on the kids although my 7 year old daughter did not ask me to explain what happened to the old woman!

wwaswas

I took my then 3 year old son to see 'Elmo's big adventure'.

He sat on my lap.

I fell asleep.

His head hit the floor.

The screaming woke me 🙁

soma_rich
    Free Member

See I saw the trailer and I didnt think it looked that great. I love Pixar the Incredibles is one of my favorite films of all time.

Did you see it in 3D is it worth the extra?

Shakey
    Free Member

I didn't think the 3D effects were as good as some 3D films like Monsters vs Aliens!

z1ppy

3D is definietly NOT worth the extra IMO, nothing ground breaking (my 1st 3D film), I was disappointed (by the 3D effects) but as my girlfirend described it as 'lovely. Not ground breaking in any way or a gag a minute but just lovely & very good overall… and if aren't coming out with the 'I got a bit of dirt in my eye' excuse by the end, your a heartless bas%^&d

porterclough
    Free Member

It's superb. Whether very small children will be that interested in the (very sad) first 20 minutes I don't know (but it did shut up some boisterous teenagers when I saw it which is impressive).

3d is also very well done – and not overdone (you kind of forget because it's not in your face, but it certainly adds something).

GTDave
    Free Member

Very good film, although I could only watch the 2D version as the 3D ones don't work for me. 🙁

grievoustim
    Free Member

I saw it yesterday

amazing – best Pixar yet and I am a big Pixar fan

the montage of the main characters life up till now is just beautifully done – and some great jokes as well

psychle
    Free Member

great film, really enjoyed it. not a laugh a minute like some animation flicks, and certainly some much more moving/poignant moments than is usual with this type of movie… the opening montage is indeed a superb bit of work, breaks your heart, it really does…

although I could only watch the 2D version as the 3D ones don't work for me

I'm assuming due to colour blindness? Have you tried any of the new style 3D films? They're based on stereoscopic effect rather than the old style blue/red glasses thing. I'm colour blind (Red/Green) and have no problems with the new 3D stuff

billybob
    Free Member

12 posts & not a bad word about yet? Have you all gone soft?

Saw it on Friday & thought is was an absolutely charming film.

GTDave
    Free Member

I'm assuming due to colour blindness? Have you tried any of the new style 3D films?

No, my colour vision is bang on, but I suffer from something along the lines of amblyopia strabismus.
    My left eye looks bang ahead, but my right looks inward ever so slightly (you'd never notice it to look at then), so they don't focus on the same thing. Due to that, the brain kinda rejects most things the right eye see's, which leaves me seeing as if I only had the one eye, no stereopsis.

It's a proper bastid when hurtling through twisty singletrack! 😆

muggomagic

very good film. not as witty as you'd expect from pixar, but it was more of a classic disney film. the 3D was really good. not like a lot of the current crop where it's only used to make things jump out at you.
    my 3 y/o didn't enjoy it as he found it a bit too intense and he was really worried about kevin and the house. My 8 y/o and I loved it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ross reckoned it was one of the best animated films ever. Sounded (and looks from the traielr) pretty much instantly classic.

Alcopop
    Free Member

taking my daughters and there friends to see it tomorrow middle daughters 6th birthday
    wasn't too fussed i had seen the trailer it looked alright,but after the good reviews above
    im quite looking forward to it …. im now of to attempt to build a dolls house wish me luck

epicyclo

Brilliant – much deeper than the usual "kids" film.

xcstu
    Free Member

Totally brilliant film! just seen it in 3D…. one to buy when it comes out 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘New Pixar movie "Up"’ is closed to new replies.