Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • new pitch bikes same as last year!
  • giddyrob
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmm,

the new pitch bike is the same as last years as far as I can tell. It is the same colour and has the same components! There might be a slight tweak in the geometry, but lets be honest we really can’t tell unless we are trying to knock off milliseconds!

I have the ’08 and don’t mind the ’09 looking the same as it just looks like I have the latest bike (with a few mods) 🙂

To be honest good on em! If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, but I did expect at least a colour change to set it apart. Though that ain’t broke. If you see it online or in a mag it don’t look up to much at all to be honest. When you see it properly it looks belting in brown! Even better when it’s covered in muck!

Are there any other bikes where they haven’t bothered to change anything?

Just thought I would voice that after seeing the review (10/10) in mbr. They say it’s basically better than the new enduro cos it dont have the spec crap shock. Before you go off on one I am in NZ so it takes a while to get here. I will however have a nice fresh copy in the uk waiting for me when I get home 🙂

“Pitching in!”

sv

Everywhere you look its all Pitch, Pitch, Pitch!

flamejob
    Free Member

You’ll have to join S.P.O.C. 🙂

I’m slightly confused; are you a kiwi coming to the UK, or just on holiday?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    giddyrob
    Free Member

Na! I’m from the uk. Been out in NZ for nearly 5 months.

I took the pitch on the plane and have been biking NZ!

“Pitching In!!!”

grumm
    Free Member

There are 09 Pitches with new colours, but not in the uk (and NZ?).

giddyrob
    Free Member

NZ have different colours and came out earlier. They also have slightly different components I think.

But! The pro is blue and the comp is white I think.

Brown rules though!

flamejob
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yuck. Glad I’ve got my brown one…. 😉

The reason the 09/08 ones are the same in the UK is because Spesh hardly sold any last year due to the new Enduro taking all the reviews/sales. So they are identical. Old stock if you like….
    Then when everyone realised the new Spesh suspension units on the Enduro were’t all that much cop, the mags gave cracking reviews for the Pitch, and the prices were low due to them not selling very well, they all sold out in a few weeks.

When are the new (2010?) ones out? Are there any differences?

EDIT – I see one of them has flat pedals on it. Good. After switching between SPDs and flats for a bit, I’ve decided I’m leaving the flats on as they suit the bike more 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘new pitch bikes same as last year!’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts