Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New pikes, up to near the same level of abuse as lyriks?
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

Got an itch for pikes.

Currently on lyriks, they’re amazing, a little porky though, but there’s no questioning the strength of them, I like the peace of mind they offer, im using them for some pretty big gaps and drops.

Would be nice to be running something along the weight of the pikes. I understand you don’t get owt for nowt, the lyriks are definitely going to be stronger.

Has anyone been sending some big stuff on their pikes and noticed them flinching?

15mm axle really that more flexy, especially considering a lot of work has gone into them to optimise material distribution.

eshershore
    Free Member

“old” pikes seemed to shrug off this kind of regular abuse without flinching

lyrics seemed more than happy to also withstand regular abuse without many issues

although I also ran Domains and found these a little tougher and less flexible under heavy impact / hard braking due to the cromoly steel stanchions

would be very interested in the new “Pikes” to see if they straddle the bridge between the 2 older chassis, as I have a new build coming up soon and the Pike is on the short list

mtbtom
    Free Member

They look like a great upgrade for people (like me) on 150mm Fox 32s. 15mm axle means no need to upgrade front wheel.

Looking forward to getting back onto RS forks again, after a few years of Fox. 🙂

raisinhat
    Free Member

Both the lyriks and the pikes are 35mm stanchions, so I’d imagine that they’re up to just as much abuse. I’ve got a friend who moved from fox 36s with a 20mm axle to the new pikes, and he says they feel exactly as stiff, with much better suspension performance. Go for the pikes, they’ll be more than up for the job.

I_Ache
    Free Member

A mate has broke his 29er pikes in just a few weeks. Although to be fair he does did Bike Park Wales on an almost daily basis on a tallboy.

The Pikes may be 35mm but they are narrower than the Lyriks and that coupled with the 15mm axle will make them more flexible than Lyriks.

Northwind

The whole chassis is lighter, don’t fixate on the size of the legs… But I’d bet they’ll be up for all the abuse most riders will be capable of throwing at them, apart from gigantic crashes, which can kill anything.

davosaurusrex

I Ache – broke them how?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New pikes, up to near the same level of abuse as lyriks?’ is closed to new replies.