Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New Pikes not holding air.
  • forgotmename
    Free Member

Hello, i got a brand new set of Pikes, put them on and put the correct amount of air in, 3 hrs later
    and most of the air has leaked out, has anybody else had this and is there an easy fix? thanks

oliverracing

check there is nothing caught in the valve (visually) – but if not then warranty as new

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The ex had a set that arrived like that. Return to seller if it’s not the schrader valve thats leaking. This was coming from the top cap somewhere not the valve.
    It’s probably an o-ring that’s missing/nipped etc but better let them fix it all in case it’s not just that wrong with it.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Something i’ve noticed with the Pikes when you uncrew the air cap from the top of leg I get a very slight pressure release feeling on the final turn open. Air pressure is always 50psi though as I last pumped it up too. Is this a miniscule leak from the air valve or do the top caps always build up a bit of pressure in air forks?

Euro
    Free Member

Mine were like that from new. Tightened the air valve (try that) but no joy. Had to send them back (Merlin) and wait a few weeks while they were warrantied. Note in the returned box from SRAM mentioned replacing the valve and seals. No problems since.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Had to send them back (Merlin) and wait a few weeks while they were warrantied.

Which explains why the guy from Merlin said he’s never seen any like that before 😉

Euro
    Free Member

Default CS answer Mike. But your ex’s could have been the first ever – mine were 6 months ago.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

this was last week…

forgotmename
    Free Member

Thanks for your replies, i will send them back on monday, sadly i am going to wales on thurs for a few days riding, and that is why i went for these forks, dought if they will be ready for then. Pants.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New Pikes not holding air.’ is closed to new replies.