• This topic has 52 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by rj.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • New Pikes have arrived.
  • LoCo
    Free Member

As above, though this might be of interest, they’re pretty nice, these are a set of 650b ( 😳 ) soloair 160mm RCT3 for reference:

pike weight by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

p3 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

p2 by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

p by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

Open, threshold and ‘lockout’ (which is really a very heavy low speed comp circuit so they do move under heavy compression) and low speed compression adjustment which works in the open setting only.
    Initial tests suggest these are going to ride superbly as very smooth and the adjusters actually make a difference.
    These are the only set I have got sent through with the rest due next month, so a bit of a wait.

kimbers

loco whats the difference between these and the regular RC?

(they are OEM on a bike im looking at)

also weight is 5g heavier than RS claimed!

LoCo
    Free Member

RC will be a standard, no closed damper like the RCT3 Charger damper (which is simialr to the fox FIT dampers)
    So damping will not be anywhere near as good.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Very nice, does anyone know if the travel can be spaced down yet? I want a set of 26″ forks at 140 or 130..

wrecker
    Free Member

35mm stanchions too. They look like a good fork.

kimbers

LoCo – Member
    RC will be a standard, no closed damper like the RCT3 Charger damper (which is simialr to the fox FIT dampers)
    So damping will not be anywhere near as good.

arse, this 650b switch over is a real PITA !

ive got marzocchi rc3Tis at the moment and ill miss them!

stim
    Free Member

I rode mine for the first time at the weekend after having to stare at them for a month due to a broken finger. I rode on a whole variety of tracks in Port Du Soleil and, to be brief, they are superb. Super smooth and plush and with plenty of support and a good range of adjustability.

I’m very happy with mine, I think they’ll be a big seller.

LoCo
    Free Member

does anyone know if the travel can be spaced down yet?

Yes I hope so, the parts lists are yet to be released so not 100%, no parts available yet but due soon.

scruff
    Free Member

Dem be Murrda.

kimbers

loco will an upgrade to rct3 be available at somepoint and if so any ideas of a price?

cheers!

chakaping
    Free Member

ive got marzocchi rc3Tis at the moment and ill miss them!

I’m sticking with 26″ because of my Marz RC3 ti forks.

LoCo
    Free Member

@ Kimbers, yes a full cart. should be available at some point, but it’ll be pricey I would guess, I think the RC/RCT3 difference maybe an effort to stop O.E price sh@gging

Dem be Murrda.

😆

kiwijohn

+1 with a first ride this weekend.
    The biggest difference was how much better they tracked compared to a Fox 32 at 150mm. Cornering was vastly improved.

thorlz
    Free Member

Loco,sorry to go off topic, as your online can you check your emails, referance sektor 140dpc / ben thorley.

Cheers:-)

plyphon
    Free Member

Loco,sorry to go off topic, as your online can you check your emails, referance sektor 140dpc / ben thorley.

Cheers:-)

Can you not see the man is clearly busy playing with new toys?!

LoCo
    Free Member

YGM 😉 (it was hiding in the lower section of mail system 😳 )

RicB

There’s a thread on mtbr about travel adjust. The consensus seems to be that they can’t be spaced down like current RS forks. A whole new airsleeve is required, which aren’t available aftermarket yet.

Andyfish
    Free Member

Where are people getting hold of these pikes? I’ve been waiting over a month with a pre-order at an online retailer and the dates just been put back to ‘end of Aug’…..frustrating 🙁

Chainline
    Free Member

29er 150mm is 1854g

LoCo
    Free Member

All ours come from Fishers, these were on the first delivery, however the other ones we had on order (ordered April/May) have been pushed till the end of August so think less arrived in UK than originally expected. Think the other guys are abroud maybe.
    I’m guessing travel can be reduced by air spring replacement ala the 2013 onwards solo air revs, as mentioned no parts or list available yet.
    Haven’t opened these up yet as busy with work, but will post some more pics and info when I do 😀

daveh
    Free Member

Anyone able to comment on stiffness & performance versus a lyrik or xfusion stuff?

LoCo
    Free Member

By the feel of them very close stiffness wise to a lyrik, don’t have any x fusions here to compare them with though.

hora
    Free Member

Interesting rug choice and you appear to have MONKEY FEET :mrgreen:

chiefgrooveguru

+1 with a first ride this weekend.
    The biggest difference was how much better they tracked compared to a Fox 32 at 150mm. Cornering was vastly improved.

This is very exciting news! 32s on a Soul to Pikes on a Rocket for me once the stock arrives… 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Interesting rug choice and you appear to have MONKEY FEET

Have a shagpile in the office area too, currently hanging from the roof bars by my toes 😛

lornholio
    Free Member

Could you measure the axle-to-crown height on those please Loco? Also the 26″ version if you have them too. Cheers.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Look very nice Loco,Would look even nicer mounted to my brand new AC 650b frame..

Cant wait for mine to arrive

LoCo
    Free Member

Axle to crown 550mm on the 650 160mm solo airs.

RicB

26″ Axle to crown apparently 532mm for 150mm travel, or 542mm for the 160mm travel.

Which, annoyingly, is 32mm longer than my old 140mm vanillas for only 10mm more travel! Even stepped down to 140mm they’ll be 22mm longer, which probably equates to 1 degree slacker.

Scamper
    Free Member

Look nice; and 100g less than 34mm Slants.

fathomer

@ Loco

Does the delay also effect the 2014 Revs?

Ta

LoCo
    Free Member

No, they’re on their way to me as we speak 😀

fathomer

**** sweet 8)

winch
    Free Member

Had much ride time on these yet Loco?

LoCo
    Free Member

Had tested them in the workshop, the 650b ones pictured have been sold as someone wanted them and I’ve already got some new forks on current build.
    All reviews and feedback I’ve had from various sources has been glowing though.

chriswilk
    Free Member

where did you get them from? can’t find anywhere with them in stock…

LoCo
    Free Member

We’re Rockshox dealers, these were from the first 2014 drop from Fishers, next batch due towards the end of August, we’re currently taking orders, any queries drop us a mail 😀

MrGFisher
    Free Member

I have some of these on order also. I was told the end of August by my LBS. Glad you have the same info.

winch
    Free Member

Does anyone know how the dual position air works on the new Pikes?

I’m wondering if they’ll ride as well at 130mm as they do at 160mm?

Entonox
    Free Member

LoCo (or anyone) – The charts state only 5ml of oil is needed in the damper side lower leg (15ml in the spring side).
    This doesn’t seem enough to be able to lube the bushes, seals and stanchions. Am I missing something?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘New Pikes have arrived.’ is closed to new replies.