• This topic has 119 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by nuke.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • New pic of the Codeine
  • toons
    Free Member

What does it weigh?

Jeffus
    Free Member

please can we have Fluorescent green so the wife doesn’t notice 😀

brant
    Free Member

None of my bikes have a name and I don’t do handbags either! Anyway you didn’t answer my question: would you buy a bike called a “Lil-let”, or maybe a rufty-tufty name like “mrs tiggy-winkle”?

We have very successfully sold a bike called “pompino” for many years.

johnnystorm

Blimey, overthinking the name a bit. 😉

I was happy to go with Brant’s story & also to think of it as an effective pain killer. 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’d buy a bike if it was called ‘I am the love child of Piers Morgan and Maggie Thatcher’ and was fluorescent puce and purple stripes……..as long as it fitted,had great geometry and grippy,supportive and predictable suspension.And I could afford it.And it was reliable.
    I don’t give a left testicle what it it looks like or what it’s called because I can’t see myself when I’m riding it and I could’nt give a toss what other people think about it when I over take them (which I’d do a lot…because I am like…..awesome and stuff….not richmtbguru levels of awesome,more surfmatt driving god level stuff).

We have very successfully sold a bike called “pompino” for many years.

😆

I’m assuming you’ve also never owned a cove then?

And Mr M……she ALWAYS notices……

nuke

The name would put me off buying it.

Tough crowd 😯 Fortunately for you I don’t see the name on either the white or raw frame. Failing that, a few mud rides could disguise the name shame

Northwind

It’s an On One, once all the paint falls off the logos will be gone too.

vickypea
    Free Member

Pompino I get, just not codeine. Anyway, I’m happy with my un-named bike, and Rorschach is happy with any name, so we’re all happy 🙂

iain1775
    Free Member

Jeffus +1 (but blue)
    Northwind, cheeky but very very funny 🙂
    Looks good hadn’t considered it before but at that price it would be very tempting, if its not too much of a porker, would I be right to assume this is the reason the Ragley full suss bikes never saw light of day?

ocrider

Any chance of a kid’s version? Calpol, anyone?

What’s the goss on the JLD, Brant?

Gee76
    Free Member

I believe the frames currently about 7.5lbs but target is 7lbs from what I’ve read anyway.

On-one are usually on the money ish but will vary with size and finish I suppose!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Or £1999 with hop ups to a Pike, Reverb and CCDB.

And with that…you’ve sold it to me. This looks like a 29 inch version of your original Mega and if it rides as well, it will be great.

If you can….. try and stick a full 56mm headtube on it for me though.

deanhempshall
    Free Member

Brant,

Have you got a prototype in store in Sheffield?

I really want to come and check one out if you have.

Gee76
    Free Member

Think Brant said these would be on sale for pre-order this week 😉

Shame we missed the 15% deal ;D

tomaso
    Free Member

Given its single ring – what size is the chain ring Ed Oxley’s pictured Codeine is running? I only run a double but I like climbing and really haven’t the legs for losing a granny ring :mrgreen:

40mpg

This could be ideal to replace my Giant Trance, which doesn’t quite cut it on the bigger stuff (nothing to do with the rider obviously).

It would also <sheep mode> sit well in the garage with my 853 inbred ss, tinbred hardtail, soon-to-be-ordered fatty and PX pro carbon </sheep mode> 😳

brant
    Free Member

Ed runs a 28t ring thing thing.

deanhempshall
    Free Member

Don’t tell me it might available for preorder next week…..especially if im going in on monday. I dont think the wife would be too happy.

Gee76
    Free Member

Good stuff that’s prob about my size with a recent lack of fitness.

Did we do headtube length and wheelbase yet.

Also are the reach measurements you gave correct. Seem a bit short compared to say a banshee prime with same seat angle and top tube length in a large/18″?

brant
    Free Member

Numbers are correct. Banshee has very steep seat angle doesn’t it, which pushes everything forward.
    We are happy with this set of numbers on ours. I am sure they are with theirs too.

brant
    Free Member

Head tube length is 115mm on the 16 and 18 and 125mm on the 20in.
    External headset cup adds 14mm lower.

Gee76
    Free Member

Ah yeah prime has 75-76deg sa which pushes it all out 10mm (stackwise). Guess that’s where the 46.6″ wheelbase comes from too.

What’s wheelbase on codeine anticipated to be?

deanhempshall
    Free Member

Brant, Have you got one in the Sheffield store at all?

I’m hoping to pop up on monday for a gander if you have.

FOG

What 28 ring? most people seem to sell only 30 upwards and then they seem to be hard to get hold of.

bigdean

What 28 ring? most people seem to sell only 30 upwards and then they seem to be hard to get hold of.

But it can be done if you think about it, and not just by sram 😉

akasteve
    Free Member

Anyone know if the demo bike is in the shop yet?
    Also what max tyre size will it be able to handle?

johanhej
    Free Member

I know the top tube length has been discussed, so I apologize in advance for bringing it up.
    The geo just seem really different compared to, well, pretty much everything else out there. Is that entirely because of the straight seat tube?

I’m 6 ft, long legs and probably long arms. 430 reach sounds ideal to me but the TT is longer than I see on most xls! I’m sitting here, imagining something like a limousine looking frame. Feels like with on one I’m always in between sizing…
    Do we have any wheel base measurements to come by?

Gee76
    Free Member

Same here really at 6ft 2″. Expect wheelbase to be about 46″ ish I reckon.

brant
    Free Member

46.65in wheelbase on the 20in model.

top tube length is quite odd, but to a projected line, horizontally from the headtube backwards to the intersection of the projected actual seat tube centreline, the top tube is 620mm. But that’s all quite complicated and why reach is a better dimension.

johanhej
    Free Member

Thanks brant! 46.65″ WB sounds really good at the 20in model.

On page 1, you wrote that the ETT would be 630mm on the 20in though. Which is correct?

On a sidenote, I get the feeling when looking at, and reading about, On-One bikes that people always go with a small size. My notion is that 620mm ETT and ~430-440 reach is pretty spot on for most 6 footers. While a large bike isnt cool, a small definetly isnt either.

Straightliner

Any further news on ordering and availability? Oh, and colours – did the flouro green make the cut?

brant
    Free Member

On page 1, you wrote that the ETT would be 630mm on the 20in though. Which is correct?

I said that it was 630mm for a 73deg effective seat angle. But it’s not got a 73deg seat angle. I was giving a comparison of top tube length to seat angle, to show a given reach.

It’s complicated. Sorry.

brant
    Free Member

Any further news on ordering and availability? Oh, and colours – did the flouro green make the cut?

Colours will be base colour white with Orange decals, and base colour Orange with White decals.

Decals will be under laquer.

Hope to have final production run early builds here in early Jan, and the balance for later in Jan (fingers crossed).

Straightliner

Orange sounds good, and fingers crossed on delivery.

Straightliner

Brant, any further news on when these may become available? Will we see any in January?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I am not a patient man (says he, sat next to a full build kit in a box) 😕
    Whilst we’re in whine mode.I’ve got a fat front wheel ere an all (HINT HINT).
    Carry on……

tomaso
    Free Member

You must have to dust that build kit its been sitting around so long!

thedude
    Free Member

Yeah a picture of the orange one won’t hurt.

adharvey
    Free Member

Any chance of a raw one? and, just curious, what stage is the frame at now? Really interested how this compares to the El Guapo 29er.

nuke

Have a look at this thread…
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/have-we-done-the-29er-el-gaupo-yet

Mid May according to Brant for the Codeine

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘New pic of the Codeine’ is closed to new replies.