• This topic has 119 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by nuke.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)
  • New pic of the Codeine
  • andyl
    Free Member

Which to compare with a typical 73deg seat angle gives effective top tube lengths of:-
    16in – 600mm (23.6in)
    18in – 610mm (24in)
    20in – 630mm (24.8in)

How does that compare with your hardtails? Am I right in thinking my scandal 29er is shorter than my C456 (both 16″)? I was actually thiking I should swap my scandal for the 18″ but not sure if it will be too high.

Talking of which – any info on the stand over with Pikes and smorgasbords on a 16″? I’m safe at present on the Scandal with 100mm rebas but an extra 40mm might be pushing it (or them) literally, upwards!

honourablegeorge

bigdean – Member

Yes, but i’ve got two of your 21″ 29er frames and going down another size will just leave a silly amount of post sticking out. (On reason i git rid of the 26″ inbread).

That’s an odd reason for getting rid of a bike. If the TT is the right length, then what does it matter whether the bit between saddle and BB is frame or post?

roverpig

Any chance of making them in colour? Any colour will do; just nothing that appears on a greyscale.

andyl
    Free Member

That’s an odd reason for getting rid of a bike. If the TT is the right length, then what does it matter whether the bit between saddle and BB is frame or post?

I do know someone with a large 26″ inbred who has trouble getting seat posts long enough and strong enough. So it does cause problems sometimes.

Gee76
    Free Member

Aye kinda know what you mean. Had a lot of seatpost showing on my ti456 18″. Just a bit concerned that my non stealth 125mm reverb will be long enough. If a reverb stealth holey was in there it’d pave the way to use 150mm drop post and make an 18″ work for me.

But of course that then doesn’t suit everyone else. Its all a compromise at the end of the day.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Don’t know much about anything re the codeine apart from the fact Ed was enjoying his a LOT on our last trip and it definitely does go round switchbacks!

crasher50

Brant, how about some more info on the 45650b and other bikes that are due? Might help me keep my wallet in my pocket and wait!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Anyone wanna buy an xl yelli screamy?

bigdean

How tall are you Dean? And what dimension is your saddle top from your BB centre (out of interest).

The scandal measures 820mm centre of bb to seat, i’m 6’6/ 6’7″
    I dont expect all bike manufacturers to make 22″ frames it just seems latley that all new 29er’s are only going up to 20″.

EDIT: Give up, i cant seem to get the pics to link.

brant
    Free Member

820mm bb to saddle top… let’s see.

A 20in frame is 508mm.
    A 400mm seatpost gives you 300mm extension out of the frame.
    A saddle adds about 20-30mm above the clamp on the post.

So that’s 508+300+25=833mm.

So you’re not even at maximum extension on a 20in frame by my reckoning.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Whilst yer here Mr R…what eye to eye/stroke shock length is it? ta

brant
    Free Member

190×50

Rorschach
    Free Member

#Rummages around under workbench feverishly….

luke1688

Will the production version be white brant?

brant
    Free Member

I think we’ll have a white, a colour (I quite fancy orange) and a super raw.

roverpig

Orange will do me fine thanks 🙂

deanhempshall
    Free Member

I really like the look of this. A replacement for the spesh fsr xc next year maybe 😉

bigshep
    Free Member

So a saddle to bb of 865mm puts me out, balls!
    Being 6ft 9in has certain downsides.

jambon
    Free Member

I haven’t got any issues with people drilling holes in it for Reverb Stealth running

Why not just buy a LEV????

bigdean

820mm bb to saddle top… let’s see.

A 20in frame is 508mm.
    A 400mm seatpost gives you 300mm extension out of the frame.
    A saddle adds about 20-30mm above the clamp on the post.

So that’s 508+300+25=833mm.

So you’re not even at maximum extension on a 20in frame by my reckoning.

Hmm well the 21″ inbread feels better than the 20″ did and not bent a seat post on the 21″ yet unlike the 20″. Not that far from the shffield shop so will come have a sit on one when they’re in. Am open to be proved wrong

iolo
    Free Member

Edit. Ignore me

bigshep
    Free Member

Quick edit
    😀

brant
    Free Member

What did I miss?

roverpig

Still just single ring up front though, right? No front mech.

Gee76
    Free Member

What’s headtube length and headset size gonna be. Somink short n low stack?

stufield
    Free Member

Or £1999 with hop ups to a Pike, Reverb and CCDB. – when can we order these?

brant
    Free Member

Still just single ring up front though, right? No front mech.

No front mech.

What’s headtube length and headset size gonna be. Somink short n low stack?

110mm head tube, external lower, internal upper.

Or £1999 with hop ups to a Pike, Reverb and CCDB. – when can we order these?

If we get our stuff sorted, by middle of next week.

brant
    Free Member

Thanks for the interest on this everyone. I’ll be a bit out of communication for the next week as I’m off to China and Taiwan for the week, then back next Saturday to “Dj” at Citycross in Halifax.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread.

the_lecht_rocks

What a great bike in prospect and a bloody bargain at 2k !

Gee76
    Free Member

Academic but how come no flush lower headset, (I.e 56mm)?

brant
    Free Member

Academic but how come no flush lower headset, (I.e 56mm)?

I try to keep things standard across our range of bikes, and the Smoothie Mixer has been a standard at our company for a number of years now.

I am looking to move and sample with an internal integrated headset (FSA Orbit C-40 ACB) which is what we use on our road bikes, but am willing to listen (a bit) to suggestions.

Rorschach
    Free Member

That’s cool…..straight swap offa the canfield :mrgreen:

vickypea
    Free Member

Strange to name a bike after a drug that makes you feel really drowsy and hung over. The name would put me off buying it.

Rorschach
    Free Member

There’s a story behind the name (and if the name of a bike stops you buying it then I’d be changing your medication).
    I personally think it should be called Vicks,Anusol or Buttercup.

vickypea
    Free Member

If bike names didn’t provoke a response then manufacturers wouldn’t bother thinking up names, it’s all marketing innit? So Rorschach, if you really think that somone who dislikes a particular name must be on “medication”, perhaps it’s you who needs the medication?
    Would you ride a bike called “Lil-let”? 😉

Straightliner

Looks good, but does that mean the El Guapo 29er is now dead in the water and won’t make production?

Gee76
    Free Member

I thought that the smoothie mixer might be the reason. Might be worth the extra inventory tho to get that front end down an extra 15mm or so. (Slave) fitted a pike 150 to my 20″ Titus Evo and it did feel pretty tall! so took it off til I can get a shorter air spring!.

Tis looking good all the same aside from not fitting me and slightly high front end 😆 It may be a third Brant bike for me.

Will keep my eyes peeled next week!.

Northwind

brant – Member

I am looking to move and sample with an internal integrated headset (FSA Orbit C-40 ACB) which is what we use on our road bikes, but am willing to listen (a bit) to suggestions.

Nahhhh. Never convinced the danger of damaging the frame is as real as people think, but, choice is good- let people fanny around with anglesets etc if they choose (the more-money-than-sense crowd on here will all want to fit £1000 artisan headsets and integrated doesn’t have enough space for logos either)

Rorschach
    Free Member

As a wise man once said(me) to someone(not you ,obviously)
    “FFS love.It’s a chuffin’ push bike not a handbag you dosey tit”.

vickypea
    Free Member

None of my bikes have a name and I don’t do handbags either! Anyway you didn’t answer my question: would you buy a bike called a “Lil-let”, or maybe a rufty-tufty name like “mrs tiggy-winkle”? 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘New pic of the Codeine’ is closed to new replies.