Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • new phone time S4 or S4 mini?
  • marko75
    Free Member

Any advice – currently have an S2 and quite like it…. looking at the deals and doing some maths there isnt much between the S4 and S4 mini. I quite like the smaller size of the mini but quite fancy the increased processing power of the S4 – anyone got any of these two phones?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Any reason not the S5?

oldnpastit

The -mini versions usually have lower specification. It’s a marketing thing.

e.g. display on s4 is 1080×1920 (HD), on s4-mini is 960×540 (qHD), camera is 8MP vs 5MP, etc.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9190_galaxy_s4_mini-5375.php
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9500_galaxy_s4-5125.php
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/samsung-galaxy-s4-vs-s4-mini

EDIT: And with a price difference of only about £40 I’d be tempted to go for the S4, especially as it also seems to do 802.11ac.

marko75
    Free Member

oldnpastit – i had read the reviews and there are a few differences between the 2 phones but most people (according to the reviews) cant tell the difference between them whist using them.

Have thought about the s5 but hesitant in using something thats just come out.

thanks so far for the input – will buy it tomorrow 🙂

v9gss

Sony z1 compact looks good.and waterproof!

dvatcmark
    Free Member

If you like the s2 go for the s4 as you’ll probably dislike the small screen on the mini.

Me and the Mrs both had s2s I got the s4 and like it she got the mini and wishes that she had gone for the s4.

The only real benefit IMO of the mini is its smaller size

marko75
    Free Member

dvatchmark – thats our plan. Me with the S4 and the missus the mini (she pefers the smaller phone). I was thinking that there was so little to choose between the phones I would go for the smaller one just to keep in my pocket.

The sony looks an interesting option

thanks

withersea
    Free Member

S4 mini- my wife has just gof one and the battery is useless

stumpyjon

We’re happy with our S4s, I have the active and my wife has a standard one replacing an S3. I did worry about size coming from an HTC sensation but it’s not a problem and the bigger screen is great. Battery life seems ok. I get best part of 48hrs out of mine with wifi, bluetooth and GPS left on.

botanybay
    Free Member

Just keep the S2 and go sim only.

sbd16v
    Free Member

I have an S5 and its really good, it does not feel buggy at all and i have not had any creashes or problems with it.

The only small issue i find is the heart rate monitor is hard to actually use it takes quite a few attempts to make it work.

but as a phone it really is good and the fingerprint scanner works very well for unlocking etc.

it gets a massive thumbs up from me.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Moto G is a blinder for the money. I have the Sony Z1 compact and it’s better than the Samsung IMHO.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘new phone time S4 or S4 mini?’ is closed to new replies.